The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
At Bloomberg Finance we are committed to providing world-class support to our business partners by providing insight on business performance, financial oversight and thought leadership.
The Regulated Entity Controller will manage a regulatory accounting group across a breadth of legal entities and products (equities, options, swaps, derivatives and fixed income). In this pivotal role, you will be responsible for legal entity financial statements, overseeing external audits of financial statements, liquidity and capital analysis. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Ensure that information pertaining to financial results is developed and delivered on a timely basis and legal entities comply with various regulatory requirements, including net capital
- Assist in review of monthly financial results, regulatory filings and calculations across multiple entities and countries
- Take ownership in driving improvements to business processes and reporting, and work with IT on improving systems and developing tools to ensure reporting capabilities are maximized
- Successfully lead and develop a professional accounting team; coaching, developing and strengthening an organization that provides quality client service and exceptional support
- Collaborate closely with CFO and business leaders ensuring current and future business strategies are in accordance with all financial rules and regulations; providing continuous risk and gap assessment
- Develop and oversee quality assurance checks and governance to ensure reporting compliance with country specific regulatory agencies without unnecessary duplication of effort and activity from resources
- Lead//assist the audits with FINRA, SEC, local regulators, Internal and public auditors
- Assess new business initiatives, as well as documenting requirements, for new or changing products impacting various legal entities; serving as the link between business and accounting
- Identify, reviewing and monitoring accounting and financial controls in place and make any necessary revisions or additions
- Develop policies and procedures, ensuring their implementation and monitoring compliance
More specifically, we expect you to have:
- You must be a team player and dynamic leader that advances business interests on the financial consequences of major decisions; owning the process of gathering, analyzing and reporting financial information; and generating recommendations targeted at improving and safeguarding financial results.
Does this sound like you?
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA required
- Big Four public accounting firm experience preferable
- Minimum 15 years relevant accounting and reporting experience
- Regulatory controllers experience in the financial services industry
- -Advanced analytical and Excel capabilities, project management skills, and ability to multitask FINRA Series 27 preferable
- Experience with SEC Broker Dealer rules 15c3-1 and 15c3-3
- Strong leadership presence and negotiation skills
- Ability to voice opinions or concerns to senior management regarding regulatory matters
- The ability to lead through change management
- Exceptional written, interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.