- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Mondrian Alpha Recruitment Solutions
- 19 Feb 18
Regulation Manager - VP - Liquidity Treasury
Location: New York, NY, USA
I am currently working a business critical mandate for a large investment bank based in New York. They seek a You will be responsible for interpreting the significant rules, guidance and interpretations that are being issued by federal regulatory agencies that effect this banks Treasury Liquidity Management team.
You will be responsible for the interaction of liquidity management topics and supporting the regulatory remediation and the implementation of strategic initiatives, in partnership with the Global Treasury Regulation, Liquidity Management, Asset Liability Management and Change teams.
- The position of Vice President – Treasury Regulation in our New York Office is responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
- Regulatory Intelligence
- Keep abreast of relevant regulatory developments related to liquidity management and IRRBB
- Communicate regulatory information locally and globally, in partnership with the Global Treasury Regulation team and Group Regulatory Affairs
- Provide consolidated, expert information on liquidity management and IRRBB related regulatory topics to senior management locally and globally
- Coordinate Treasury participation in requests for comments from regulators or industry groups
- Assist Head of Treasury Regulation, Head of ALM and Head of Liquidity Management to develop overall regulatory agenda: areas of work to support current or potential regulatory concerns or initiatives
- Assist overall liquidity management and IRRBB related communications and relations with regulators to ensure understanding of issues and points of interest
- Assist response to regulatory exams, reviews, updates and information requests
- Assist development of policies and procedures to ensure adherence to regulations
- Maintain strong external network of peer firms/subject matter experts to maintain detailed knowledge of market practices
- Develop strong internal network across businesses and control functions to maintain detailed knowledge of internal strategy and practices
- Ability to influence others and achieve objectives with limited direct reporting supervision
- Manage junior team members to achieve the team’s overall objectives
Qualifications & Skills
- University degree with concentration in finance, accounting, and/or economics
- At least 6 years of experience at a major bank or consulting firm with specific experience in working with regulators in the Liquidity Management, IRRBB and/or the Treasury regulatory space. Foreign Banking Organization experience a plus.
- Understanding of key banking regulations (e.g., Regulation YY, Regulation WW, Dodd-Frank) and how they apply to a bank’s liquidity management and IRRBB framework.
- Strong communication skills – both verbal and written including the ability to draft high quality communications in a clear and concise manner
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with teams, matrix management, and multiple stakeholders
- Analytical/ problem solving capabilities; ability to conceptualize; anticipate future direction and trends
- Strong presentation skills including proficiency with MS Office suite
- Ability to rapidly synthesize, summarize and present complex issues in a structured manner that facilitates decision making
To apply, please respond to this advertisement, attaching your latest resume or email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org