Regulatory Data Director
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Aug 18 2018-08-17
Regulatory Data Director
Do you have an excellent combination of Asset Management data knowledge, program and people management skills? Do you have regulatory awareness and interest? If so we have a role like that
• adapt the enterprise wise Data Governance structure that will allow the business to ultimately improve its Regulatory Data Reporting & Analytics capabilities
• align the Data Strategy to ensure removal of legacy data domains, improvement of Data Lineage, Data Quality and Management practices
• develop a plan that brings together data, analytics, frontline tools and people to operate more efficiently and enable business opportunities
• assess the quality and strength of process currently in place in order to move toward a better defined and sustainable reporting process
• Address internal control effectiveness to gain comfort over reporting data accuracy and completeness in addition to quality and integrity issues (ie. ability to obtain the transactional, product and customer reference data granularity)
• reduce reliance on manual processes when preparing reports by leveraging authorized data warehouses or vendor tools
The Chief Data Office was established to redefine our data strategy and support the management of core data sets used across Asset Management, such as Product data, Securities & Pricing data, Trade & Accounting data, and Client data. This role will sit in NY with several other team members.
Your experience and skills
• Bachelors degree in applicable field of study
• 10+ years of diverse experience in Asset Management, Program Management, Data Management, and Regulatory Change
• 7+ years of experience in leading change programs within Asset Management
• good understanding of Asset Management business, its products and activities
• demonstrated experience working with stakeholders from business to operations, technology, audit, compliance and legal
proven familiarity with MiFID II and other key regulations impacting Asset Management industry
• experienced in working in an international, multi-cultural organization and are mindful of challenges when working with multiple time-zones
• an excellent communicator; written, verbal and presentation skills
• experienced in databases, SQL, ETL etc. is highly desired
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?