Regulatory & Audit Response Management (VP-DIR)
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards
The Chief Risk and Compliance Officer function is a highly visible, dynamic area where you can be an integral part of the decision-making that supports the bank's business. We drive strategic and sustainable returns, and offer risk, controls and regulatory advice. You will be part of a team that is renowned for supporting innovation, creativity and entrepreneurial ideas. We believe our colleagues are our best asset.
We are looking for an experienced, highly motivated leader to join the Regulatory & Audit Response Management team within the Non-Financial Risk and Investment Bank Compliance organization. Our purpose is to partner with the business to drive strategic, sustainable, and compliant returns on risk that reflect the appetite of the bank. To fulfill our mandate we need the skills, experience and engagement of our employees. Our dynamic environment also means that you have the flexibility to help us define and establish new processes and procedures, start or expand a business and shape our company for the future. We offer a fast-paced, collaborative and diverse work environment that will support innovation, creativity and entrepreneurial ideas.
This individual will be responsible for leading Regulatory and Audit Response Management, which includes the following:
- Establish the best methodology and standards for regulatory and audit engagements to improve our efficiency and performance
- Strengthen the operating model and coordination with SMEs, Internal Audit, Regulatory Affairs/Regulatory Relationship Managers, and Regulatory Risk Management
- Coordinate deliverables and responses across multiple partners on behalf of the Investment Bank Chief Compliance Officer and Group Head of Non-Financial Risk
- Oversee regulatory and audit responses to ensure accuracy/relevance of content and timeliness of response
- Conduct review/challenge sessions on regulatory presentations, responses, closure of strategic deliverables to ensure sustainability and alignment with regulatory expectations
- Track and oversee progress on all engagements and manage the Engagement Portal tool for tracking and reporting.
- Deliver management information for senior management, regulators, BoD and management committee updates
- Work with Regulatory Change groups to understand impacts of policy and regulation changes
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work.
- Minimum of 8+ years of relevant experience with a leading consulting firm within financial services or an international investment bank.
- Experience managing regulatory relationships and communications.
- Experience delivering critical initiatives, preferably in Operational Risk or Compliance function of an investment bank or similar institution.
- Knowledge of risk and control principles, issue resolution, risk assessments, root cause analytics and issue remediation is a plus!
- Build positive relationships, ability to work in a matrix environment and lead others that are not direct reports.
- Experience managing processes, detail oriented, with proven ability to question and seek opportunities for operational improvements.
- Result oriented with strong problem solving skills
- Hardworking with ability to manage multiple, concurrent priorities.
- Strong communication skills, written and oral, with all levels of the organization.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.