(Remote) Senior UX/Information Designer
Who is Markit Digital
Markit Digital is dedicated to the delivery and presentation of financial data, transforming complex information into elegant user experiences. As a leading Software as a Service (SaaS) provider in the financial services industry, our innovative visualizations are the standard for interpreting, manipulating and displaying financial information. What you'll do at Markit Digital
The design team at Markit Digital is one of the largest in the financial industry. Our work, and how we work affects the way our clients do business, how their users make important decisions and what finance means to the world. As individuals, we come from many backgrounds and perspectives. While some of us have finance experience, our larger belief is that new ideas come from learning, research, analytical thinking, questioning and translating what we know to new contexts. In our data-driven world, making the complex simple is a prime challenge. This is the core of what we do. How you'll do it at Markit Digital
Have you ever thought about the typical user experience involved with trading on the stock market? Does the poor design of your banking app often leave you scratching your head? What if you could make it better? We're in the business of making the financial world friendlier and we're looking for energetic designers who can geek out about data and ways to present it to regular humans. You'll be exposed to a plethora of unique projects and challenges from clients located both domestically and around the world-Australia, Singapore, Italy and the UK, to name a few-and the solutions are never cookie-cutter. Required Skills
What We Offer
- A very strong background with at least 6+ years of experience in creating digital interfaces and applications
- Mastery of your tools-Adobe Creative Cloud and interactive prototyping tools. Familiarity with HTML, CSS and Java Script would also be helpful
- An analytical and visual mind, with a hunger for learning and a desire to solve complex human problem with technology
- Strong process-concept and refine designs through sketches, diagrams, wireframes, visual designs and interactive pieces
- A desire to challenge yourself both personally and professionally; as well as staying current with technology and interaction design trends.
- Knowledge of UI animation, Styleframes, Storyboarding, Motion graphics, 3D a plus
- Leadership skills. Our senior designers have the opportunity - and responsibility - to lead projects, partner with clients, and support more junior designers on the team
- Competitive base salary, bonus plans and equity.
- A comprehensive, benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans, paid time off, a generous 401k match with no vesting period, parental leave and 3 volunteering days each year. For more information on benefits, please access the benefits page on our careers site: https://careers.ihsmarkit.com/benefits.php.
- For work locations in the state of Colorado, the anticipated minimum base salary for this role would be $75,440. Compensation will be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, and abilities of the applicant.
* This role is not eligible for relocation assistance or visa sponsorship at this time. Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, in order to comply with applicable federal, state, and local vaccine mandates (including those in place for US federal contractors), US employees may be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated, unless they have been approved for an accommodation due to a medical reason, a sincerely held religious belief or another legally protected reason. T he company also participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the US.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.