Representative, Retail Annuities
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- New York Life Insurance Company
- 20 Jul 18 2018-07-20
Representative, Retail Annuities
New York Life Insurance Company is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States. Founded in 1845 and headquartered in New York City, New York Life reported 2017 operating earnings of $2.06 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2017, with affiliates, totaled $586 billion.
New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard & Poor's AA+ (Source: Individual independent rating agency commentary as of 8/1/17).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity-the values upon which New York Life was founded-have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
Service Analyst - Retail Annuities
Are you a personable, customer-service oriented individual? Are you interested in helping people protect their future? Are you interested in a career with an industry leader? If so, New York Life Insurance Company may be the company for you.
New York Life's Service Organization is hiring Service Analyst for its New York Service Center. The Service Organization strives to provide best in class service by making every service experience a positive one. It is the hallmark of what we do and how we keep good going. We are looking for customer- focused, accountable, efficient and engaged professionals who are dedicated to and guided by a commitment to service excellence.
Service Analyst establishes high quality customer relationships using informational resources and technical knowledge.
- Handle high volume of external inbound customer and sales agent inquiries.
- Transact routine financial and non-financial activity on client accounts with both expediency and accuracy.
- Ability to handle most customer interactions independently.
- Ability to explain basic information in functional area.
- Assist team members daily to complete work in order to meet departmental and regulatory standards.
- Effective decision making based on comprehensive case analysis
- Demonstrate valuable interpersonal skills
- Series 6 license required (employment contingent upon passing within 6 months of hire)
- Associates, or Bachelor's degree preferred, or equivalent years of related experience (high school diploma/GED required)
- Accountable, ethical, good decision-making ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Good computer skills and ability to multitask
- Interest in Sales a plus
Training & Development
Service Analyst undergo a comprehensive paid on-site training program to learn about the insurance industry, product and policy provisions and transaction processing. Coaching and feedback is provided to help you gain the necessary skills to be successful.
This is a full-time position Monday through Friday. Candidates should be flexible to work any 7.5-hour shift between 8:30am - 6:15pm during the work week.
Competitive full-time base salary, overtime eligibility plus target bonus
Paid Vacation, Health Care, 401K match, Pension Plan, Tuition Assistance, Flexible Spending Accounts
New York Life offers a variety of corporate opportunities within the Service Organization, including management, quality control, training, underwriting and claims. In addition, this position provides skills and product knowledge that can lead to other opportunities within the company such as Sales, Marketing, etc.
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.