Research Senior Manager - Cross-Industry, Technology Emphasis, Center for Integrated Research - US Research & Insights, Deloitte Services LP
Research Senior Manager - Cross-Industry, Technology Emphasis,Center for Integrated Research - US Research & Insights, Deloitte ServicesLP
Deloitte Services LPincludes internal support areas such as Marketing and Communications, HumanResources/Talent, Information Technology, Facilities Management, and FinancialSupport Services.
Generatingand communicating distinctive, valuable points of view on topics of interest,importance, and relevance to our clients builds Deloitte's eminence in themarketplace, a major contributor to the firm's competitive position and brandprofile. Deloitte's Center for Integrated Research is a key component ofthe firm's thought leadership strategy, serving to bring consistent, in-depthperspectives on cross-sector issues that are of high relevance to the firm'sclients. This focus allows Deloitte to be more effective in shaping anddefining the conversations that matter. By developing signature content,we enable Deloitte to speak with one voice, and help pave the way for newpractices and capabilities within the firm.
Examples of work that has been done at Deloitte underthe auspices of the Center for Integrated Research include:
• Recent themed Deloitte Review issues andcourses:
o Deloitte Review, Issue #22: Industry 4.0: Areyou ready? ( link )
o Deloitte Review, Issue #21: Navigating the Future ofWork ( link )
o Following the Digital Thread video series ( link )
• Center for Integrated Research-sponsored DeloitteInsights collections
o Industry 4.0 ( link )
o Future of Work ( link )
o Future of Mobility ( link ) Position :
The focus of this search is on the identification of a futureresearch leader to lead on themes related to the Center for Integrated Researchcollections as well as topics touching on culture, strategy, the workforce, andtechnology and their applications/implementation in pursuit of businessvalue. Relevant topics may include specific technologies, such asblockchain, cloud, AI, digital reality, IoT, and others, along withworkplace-related shifts and more overarching constructs such as Industry 4.0and the Future of Mobility.
The Center for Integrated Research is comprised of researchers whosupport and conduct the design, research, production, and deployment offoundational perspectives and other thought leadership materials acrossmultiple campaigns that drive to the heart of Deloitte's prioritized "issues toown" and positions the firm as a thought leader in the marketplace.
Senior managers on the team also help to shape the research agendaby working to frame the themes and priority topics with stakeholders inDeloitte, serving as a series editor for one or more topics, and overseeing thethought leadership created by experts within the practice. In this role, theyassist with topic selection, thought leadership development, and work closelywith author teams to develop research that both builds on the existing body of work and adheres to Deloitte's rigorous qualitystandards.
In addition to working with experts in the practice,researchers within the Center for Integrated Research work closely with eachother and with other research centers to collaborate across topics for morecoordinated research and insights.
The position provides opportunities to:
• Develop signature perspectives on Center forIntegrated Research-related topics;
• Personally produce and deploy thought leadership content throughthe design and execution of high-quality research;
• Support team members and other thought leaders in Deloitte in thedesign and execution of their initiatives;
• Work with internal researchers and thought leaders to align Centerfor Integrated Research-related efforts, and to cultivate relationships withinterested practitioners;
• Deliver internal and external presentations on Center forIntegrated Research-related topics;
• Create an accessible way for readers to understand abstracttopics;
• Serve as a connection point to external audiences on these topics;
• Cultivate relationships with external researchers and thoughtleaders;
• Gain external awareness of and recognition for our signatureperspectives; and
• Gather and curate current and future work. Qualifications and Work Experience
• At least 10 years professional experience in an applied researchand/or writing role
• Preferred experience in one or more technology domains (e.g.,blockchain, cloud, AI) or talent-related domains (e.g., Future of Work);
• Demonstrated ability to direct and perform rigorous primary andsecondary research;
• Executive-level verbal and written communication skills;
• Strong editorial skills;
• Experience working independently and as part of a virtual team;
• Comfort with succeeding by making others successful;
• Excellent networking skills;
• Ability to interact with and influence multiple stakeholders andforge consensus;
• Passion for research and writing;
• Curiosity around emerging shifts in the business landscape(technology-driven and from other sources) and ability to frame those shifts inrelation to business impact;
• Coaching capabilities, particularly around the research and writingprocess;
• Ability to manage multiple projects and tight deadlines with strongproject management skills and an excellent attention to detail;
• Graduate degree (MBA or PhD) preferred; and
• Location flexible, with the following cities preferred: NewYork, Philadelphia, Chicago, Atlanta, Boston, San Francisco, Washington, DC. To apply
Apply with a letter explaining why you are interestedin this role and expanding upon your qualifications. Please include afull CV and two writing samples, ideally sole- or first-authored. Onesample should be shorter (i.e., 2000words). Center for Integrated Research Topic Focus
Center for Integrated Research perspectives onrelevant topics are effective when they:
• Align with our strategic priorities, where we can takeownership, make an impact, and deliver service capabilities;
• Apply to multiple Deloitte businesses (e.g.,consulting and attest services), sectors (e.g., healthcare and technology), orfunctions (e.g., CFO, CIO);
• Provide deeply-researched, fact-based proprietaryinsights that establish Deloitte and its people as eminent experts within aspecific topic or strategic area;
• Lead to meaningful conversations with clients andprospects, build relationships, and support external marketing to establishDeloitte's brand;
• Galvanize our talent;
• Offer a unique point of view;
• Establish expertise that enables Deloitte to build newcapabilities and establish new market offerings for clients;
• Provide a platform for a differentiated and brandedperspective that supports our overall market positioning;
• Remain relevant for multiple years How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuseson helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengthsto do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders,we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpenskills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing businessworld. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, ourprofessionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughouttheir career. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a greatorganization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range ofbenefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Deloitte's culture
Ourpositive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best workevery day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness andoffering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to behealthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and arecontinuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people exceland lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Requisition code: E20NYCSSRMKD013-CL6