Retail FIG Fixed Index Annuity (FIA) Relationship Management Associate
- Not Specified
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Jun 18 2018-06-19
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
The Financial Institutions Group (FIG) serves institutional and retail clients in more than 35 countries, primarily consisting of insurance companies. We take a client focused, content driven approach to relationship management, and have expert teams in the many functions that collaborate to make this effort successful and sustainable. Professionals within the team work together to deliver a full range of asset management, risk management and advisory services relevant to clients’ investment needs.
The Financial Institutions Group team takes pride in our culture of inclusion and collaboration. Successful candidates will embrace an environment where idea sharing and innovation are valued and welcomed. As a fiduciary to our clients it is our objective to use all resources at our disposal to bring exceptional service and solutions to our clients, which is only possible by leveraging the collective experience of a diverse and high-functioning group of professionals.
Based in New York, the individual in this role will support the Index Solutions and Fixed Index Annuity (FIA) businesses and help ensure the effective execution of the business strategy.
This individual will help broaden the Relationship Managers’ reach and help grow indexed annuity market share as well as help drive indexed opportunities more broadly. This role will also collaborate closely with the Product Strategist, Relationship Managers and a broader ‘virtual team’ to generate innovative new ideas that will help propel the industry forward.
In this role the candidate will drive the expansion of the iShares brand into the retail insurance market. This includes portfolio analytics to position factors and model portfolio sales. Where possible, this individual will also identify opportunities for the RMs and the team at large to lean into ‘fast rivers’ and pivot away from unsuccessful strategies.
It is particularly fundamental that the candidate possess the intellectual ability and interpersonal skills necessary to establish his/her credibility within the organization. The candidate will have the ability to use sound judgment, forge good working relationships with regional and business counterparts, and be an impactful team player.
- 2-6 years experience in the financial services industry, specifically index products, solutions based offerings, ETFs. Exceptional candidates with other backgrounds and strong passion will be considered
- Possess understanding and strong interest in the insurance product landscape, and bring a fresh and innovative perspective
- Has, or is willing to obtain, the series 7 license
- Fluent and well-practiced in PowerPoint and Excel
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Eagerness to operate in a professional, team-based, client-oriented and extremely fast-paced organization
- Proven ability to communicate with and influence team members, both at senior and junior levels
- Intelligent, independent thinker with proven ability to tackle complex problems, think creatively and challenge the status quo.
- Have the judgement to seek guidance when necessary
- CFA Charter (or progress towards) preferred but not required
- Familiarity with the insurance market landscape, basic understanding of derivatives preferred
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.