- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Risk Controls Coordinator (ORM)
Risk Controls Coordinator (ORM)
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Risk Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 18059935
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
The Risk c function within the Chief Operating Office of Independent Risk Management is responsible for the design and implementation of firm-wide frameworks and practices that are integral and fundamental to Risk Management within Citi. The Risk Governance group is divided into 8 areas: 1) Risk Frameworks 2) Risk Policies 3) Product Approval Framework 4) Risk Identification 5) Risk Controls and Issue Management 6) Regulatory Affairs, Governance Committees & Quality Assurance 7) Strategic Analysis & Cross-Risk Initiatives and 8) Risk Headcount and Budget Management.
As part of this function, the Risk Controls and Issue Management work-stream leads the oversight of Risk's Controls and Issue Management Framework to ensure that best practices are employed across Risk. The Risk Controls group works closely with the Risk Segments to ensure execution of a consistent and robust control environment within Risk. This includes developing and executing a standard model for Risk's Manager's Controls Assessment (MCA) process, developing a consistent Internal Audit assessment interaction model and delivering a robust and timely Issue Management framework for the organization.
The Risk Control Coordinator works closely with their Risk Control Lead and the Global Risk Controls Team to ensure consistent controls processes and issue management within their Risk Segment coverage area.
The team is seeking a Risk Controls Coordinator to cover Treasury Risk (TR) and Quantitative Risk and Stress (QRS) Testing.
- Partner with the Risk Global Controls and Issue Management Central team and Risk Control Leads to execute the Risk Control and Issue Management model within TR and QRS
- Partner with TR and QRS to ensure that risk staff within the segment are trained and knowledgeable of the Control Framework and Assessment Interaction model
- Develop in conjunction with TR and QRS staff key Activities, Risk, Controls and Monitoring Mechanisms consistent with Citi's MCA Standards and Procedures
- Coordinate TR and QRS MCA process by advising on quarterly rating rationale, ensuring data in iCAPs and MCA is updated on a timely basis and consistent with the Assessment Issue and Corrective Action Plan Policy
- Coordinate and actively participate in the Manager's Annual Risk Assessment (ARA) Facilitated Session
- Assist ORM in the Governance Risk and Compliance MCA transition for TR and QRS
- Actively participate in Risk Controls meetings
- Utilize Citi Control systems, including, but not limited to: Manager's Control Assessment (MCA), Integrated Corrective Action Plan System (iCAPS) and Regulatory Exam Tracking (RET)
- Develop a granular understanding of the drivers behind QRS and TR Issues
- Participate in meetings between QRS/TR and Regulators and IA to ensure Assessment interaction model and issue management approach is followed
- Execute and advise on Assessment Unit/ Reporting Group/ Governance Entity structure
- Partner with the Risk Control Central team on control reporting and present to TR and QRS
- Review and provide feedback on draft issues and corresponding Corrective Action Plans to ensure CAPs sufficiently address implementation, sustainability and appropriate issue and CAP ownership
- Serve as the Issue Administrator in iCAPs for Self-Identified issues and MRAs
- Provide issue metrics and status updates to TR and QRS staff and management
- Bachelor's degree
- 6+ years or relevant experience in financial services industry
- Operational Risk, Risk, Controls, Project Management, Internal Audit
- Exceptional interpersonal and people management skills and ability to interact with all levels of management particularly at the Director and Managing Director level across multiple functions: Risk, Internal Audit, Compliance, etc.
- Prior experience in utilizing Citi's Control systems: in particular, MCA, iCAPS and RET strongly preferred
- Methodical and proactive thinker with strong organizational and follow-up skills
- Proven time and task management skills with the ability to multi-task effectively
- Highly proficient in Excel, PowerPoint and data management/ mining
- Ability to manage projects with minimal guidance
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Builds and maintains relationships
- Influential & persuasive
- Professionalism & integrity