New York | Stamford
Our Technology department employs 140+ people and delivers all technology solutions used within the firm. We are looking for extraordinarily bright, articulate and dedicated computer science or information systems professionals to join our team. If you want to join a world-class investment management organization that operates in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and rewards talent with recognition and increased responsibility, then this is the right opportunity. Our team seeks individuals that are highly proficient in their respective technology platform, articulate, solution driven, client focused and proactive in building their technology skills.
What you'll do
- Innovation & Excellence: A successful team member has excellent broad technical and problem solving skills including the ability to innovate, drive change, and can quickly adapt to changing processes, priorities, languages, and ideas.
- Integrity: We uphold the highest standards of ethics and integrity. Our work is truthful, direct and unbiased. We protect sensitive and confidential information and exercise discretion in all aspects of our work.
- Courage: we are not afraid to fail. We accomplish difficult and high-stakes tasks in an environment with a high degree of uncertainty. We will sometimes be wrong, but we will always learn from our mistakes and improve.
- Curiosity: We always ask "why?" We don't accept the first answer or the easy answer; we strive for understanding. We do not report information; we provide insight and analysis by putting information into context. We solve puzzles even when we don't have all the pieces.
You will use your programming expertise to advance the performance of our risk management systems, valuation engines, and analytic capabilities within the Risk department. We use innovative technology to develop our solutions and you will play an integral part in the success of our team. In this role you will:
- Build analytical tools on a next generation technology platform to facilitate rapid, ad-hoc understanding of performance and risk for portfolio managers, senior management, risk managers and analysts
- Develop quantitative understanding of risk to anticipate the requirements of our team
- Innovate and improve our capabilities to deliver high quality products to our business partners
- Solve complex and challenging problems through the application of creative and unique solutions using the latest technology
- Commitment to the highest ethical standards
- Technical training in CS or related field with 5+ years of programming experience
- Awesome team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills (with peers and clients)
- Problem solver with deep understanding of core computer science algorithms and data structures
- Looking for Candidates with a mix of these skillsets (C#, Python, NodeJS/React and SQL)
- Experience in designing, building and delivering end to end software solutions
We take care of our people
- Prior experience in the banking or hedge fund industry, working with Risk VaR/Stress systems and/or Fixed Income Valuation/Trading systems.
- Working knowledge of data science technologies: Machine Learning, Tensorflow etc.
- Working knowledge of web architectures and technologies: node, React, Angular, D3, graphql etc.
- Working knowledge of cloud ready architectures and technologies: Microservice Architecture, Streaming, Serialization protocols, NoSQL and in memory database etc
We invest in our people, their careers, their health, and their well-being. We want you to concentrate on success and leave the rest to us. When you work here, we provide:
- Fully-paid health care benefits
- Mental and physical wellness programs
- Tuition assistance
- A 401(k) savings program with an employer match and more
Point72 Asset Management is a global firm led by Steven Cohen that invests in multiple asset classes and strategies worldwide. Resting on more than a quarter-century of investing experience, we seek to be the industry's premier asset manager through delivering superior risk-adjusted returns, adhering to the highest ethical standards, and offering the greatest opportunities to the industry's brightest talent. We're inventing the future of finance by revolutionizing how we develop our people and how we use data to shape our thinking. For more information, visit www.Point72.com/working-here.
Point72 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Point72 is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Point72 complies with applicable, local, state and federal laws on the subject of equal employment opportunity.