Risk Mgmt Associate
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
Risk Management Associates are expected to monitor, manage & prevent risks within the clearing house & financial system. The incumbent provides positive input & direction to specific projects that pertain to their skills & experience, both internal improvement & regulatory driven. Associates are responsible for being a master of CH risk systems. They prevent risk through communications between both the Clearing House Risk Team Senior Management & the Clearing House Sr. Management staff. Principal Accountabilities:
• Participate in teams assigned specific projects within the clearing house, related to any major initiative, as a member on the team. Assess the risks that the project is either bringing to the clearing house or that it will help to mitigate at the clearing house. Provide analysis and feedback.
• Prepare, coordinate, attend, and record all information that pertains to risk reviews that are applicable to their firms for a given year.
• Produce timely reports based on a variety of request from Clearing House Sr. Management. These reports can be product, asset class, FCM or customer specific.
• Retrieve, analyze and present to CH Sr. Management any data requests that the CFTC has before the information is presented to the CFTC.
• Review products & determine adequate margin coverage for each product as well as any margin offsets that we are going to provide to the market based on the risk characteristics of the positions. Question & analyze the way that margins are setup per product, asset class or offset structure to make sure that the products are being margined appropriately. Provide feedback in changing procedures and structures in margin setting.
• Serve as subject matter experts in our support system for customers, specifically internal calls about CME systems and system issues as well as external customers needing information about their specialty. Margins, products, risk tools, and asset class based topics are some of the issues that they face.
• Serves as experts in monitoring risk at the clearing house through a variety of tools. Support less seasoned analysts and train them as they start out.
• Ability to be self started in flexible remote environment