Risk Solutions Specialist (New York)
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Axioma Inc.
- 16 Oct 17 2017-10-16
Axioma is looking for an individual with strong technical skills working with data, experience of the constructs and data models associated with representing financial portfolios and exposure to the principles of market risk management, to join our New York office.
Are you interested in joining a smart team in a great office environment in an award-winning organization? At Axioma, we bring together the best minds from across the world to challenge the way financial institutions think about risk and investment portfolio management. To learn more about us go to www.axioma.com
We Innovate. We Create. We Collaborate
Axioma is looking for an individual with strong technical skills working with data, experience of the constructs and data models associated with representing financial portfolios and exposure to the principles of market risk management, to join our New York office. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and strong technical skills in data manipulation, including working with databases, as well as a quantitative education, and should be enthusiastic about learning about risk management. It is essential that you can work collaboratively in a team environment, with strong commitment and problem solving mindset. You should enjoy communicating and explaining complex processes and ideas to our clients.
• Establish relationships with clients, thus broadening their usage of Axioma Risk, the multi-asset class risk reporting platform of Axioma.
• Deliver timely responses to client inquiries on the product
• Ability to troubleshoot complex client portfolio issues and guide clients on how to load portfolio positions and data
• Sense of concepts such as tracking error, duration or the difference between the notional and the market value of financial instruments, and relevant risk use cases for hedge fund, asset manager clients
• Understanding of pricing of various financial products such as CDS, IRS, and FX Derivatives
• Interact with quantitative research analyst for understanding methodologies
• Interact with clients to understand their usage of the system and their special requirements
• Quantitative degree (e.g. computer science, engineering, mathematics, operations research, physics) with 1-2 years experience
• Strong programming data manipulation skills (SQL, Excel); Python, Java, C# a plus
• Knowledge of web-services including SOAP a plus
• Some understanding of various risk modeling techniques, including the use of factor models and time-series methodologies
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong ability to problem solve and quickly identify problem resolution
• Ability to multi-task and manage cross departmental projects
• Team player with collaborative and strong interpersonal skills
• Working experience in a team spread across multiple locations and time-zones
• Client-focused individual
•Full benefits package
•Performance-based annual bonus
Axioma is an equal opportunity employer that offers challenging work in a supportive environment.