- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 15 Jul 18
Risk Strategist/COO - (AVP-VP) (#111018)
GM, IBCM CRO, CUSO/CIB CRO seeks a Risk Strategist/COO to support the Group Senior Management. The candidate will:
- Interact directly with the head of the GM, IBCM CRO, CUSO/CIB CRO group and senior management team, as well as the management and strategy teams from Front Office and other divisions to develop Group Strategy and be responsible for its effective communication/implementation;
- Work closely with key business line CRO heads across Global Markets (GM) and IBCM to develop business/product specific risk processes, risk analytics, risk processes and other CRO operational initiatives across EQ, Credit, Securitized Products, and Macro (Rates/FX) businesses;
- Own the group effort in key legal entity initiatives, legal entity specific risk mandate review/development, new business initiatives, as well as service and supervision review/management.
DIVISION: The Chief Risk Officer (CRO) Division acts as guardian of the bank's risk appetite and provides effective and independent risk oversight: Challenge and proactively engage with the business in shaping its risk profile, strengthening the first Line of Defense (LoD) and aligning its strategy execution with shareholders' and regulatory requirements. Maintain a comprehensive bank-wide risk appetite framework and run well-controlled risk processes ensuring an effective bank-wide second LoD. Position CRO function as competent, reliable and, where appropriate, challenging counterpart vis-à-vis regulatory authorities globally. Provide stakeholders with transparency on all risk-related matters and ensure timely assessment and escalation. Continuously strengthen the risk function by attracting, developing and retaining top talents and foster continuous learning throughout the organization. Drive the continuous enhancement and efficiency improvement of risk-related systems and infrastructure.
GM, IBCM CRO, CUSO/CIB CRO: provides independent risk oversight for Global Markets and IBCM divisions, the Intermediate Holding Company in the US and its subsidiaries as well as New York, Cayman, Nassau and Toronto Branches of Credit Suisse AG. The CRO defines US risk management framework for the CRO Global Markets/Investment Banking and Capital Market (GM/IBCM) and CSH USA and relevant US legal entities in close collaboration with the US CEO and the Legal Entity Board of Directors. The CRO GM/IBCM and CSH USA is directly responsible for the oversight of market, credit, operational, fiduciary and enterprise risk for combined US operations and maintains direct control of the CRO GM/IBCM and CSH USA resources required to execute the combined US operations mandate.
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and strong presentation skills. Good social skills and ability to engage in effective discussions and articulate clearly the key risks/business process/strategies.
- Good project management and strategy development skill and experience
- Strong analytical skills, ability to independently research and develop creative solutions
- Positive attitude and focus on teamwork, detail oriented and ability to understand complex business/risk drivers and drive challenging processes
- Good understanding of the broad market and various financial products
- Deep understanding of standard risk management tools/processes, such as Market Risk, Credit Risk, Portfolio Risk, Liquidity Risk, Operational Risks, etc. Understand key risk exposure/sensitivities and basic hedging strategies
- Prior experience in the financial industry
- Knowledge in data process/analysis
- Understanding of basic risk modelling, capital calculation, bank/financial operations would be a plus