- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 16 Apr 18
SOX Senior Auditor
Location: New York, NY, USAJOB SUMMARY
- Plan and execute financial and operational internal audits and SOX activities.
- Assist the senior management in the administration of the department, including audit planning, execution, and completion of special projects.
- Guide in the development of the Staff auditors - mentoring, coaching / feedback on individual assignments.
- Develop a complete understanding of Moody's ratings and analytics business, as well as present accounting, compliance and operating policies. Assist Internal Audit management with defining and updating the annual and long-range internal audit programs based on associated compliance, financial and operating risks;
- Plan and communicate the detailed audit scope to auditees;
- Develop audit engagement budgets and timelines;
- Prepare risk assessment document during audit planning;
- Lead more complex audits such as operational audits, first time audits and special projects in accordance with the internal audit plan and departmental and the Institute of Internal Auditors standards;
- Supervise & develop staff auditors. Oversee supplemental 3rd party internal audit professionals;
- Ensure completion of audits by stated due dates;
- Prepared quality workpapers and perform work paper review of audit engagements and Sarbanes-Oxley design and operational effectiveness testing;
- Lead preparation of audit disposition document for IA management review;
- Develop and maintain relationships with auditees;
- Ensure work paper documentation is completed timely;
- Ability to manage and deliver multiple deliverables to Internal Audit management team;
- Assist with updating Internal Audit policies and procedures based on changes within the profession.
Internal Audit - NY
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 3-5 year's experience
- A combination of and private industry experience, consulting or Big 4 Accounting firm is preferred.
- CPA or CIA preferred. Ideal candidate will have an understanding and experience of a global organization and a strong knowledge of GAAP.
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team in a fast paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent written, verbal and strong interpersonal skills are required.
- Focus on results with a sense of urgency.
- Listens effectively.
- Ability and willingness to learn and develop others.
- Ability to travel 20% (domestic & international).
- Proficiency in financial system - PeopleSoft Financials highly desirable.
- Ability to extract and mine data from various in-house developed financial systems.
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel (sorting, filtering, pivot tables, etc) are required.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.