S&P Global Ratings 2021 Credit Summer Internship Program
2021 S&P Global Ratings CREDit Summer Internship Program The Location:
New York, NY The Team:
When you join S&P Global Ratings, you join one of the world's leading providers of independent credit risk research and benchmarks. You are part of a team that produces high quality fundamental research based on established criteria, you have the opportunity to ask probing questions to senior corporate executives, and interact with the global investor community.
With offices in 26 countries, rating $47.5 trillion in debt, and with nearly 1,400 credit analysts, S&P Global Ratings is an important part of the world's financial infrastructure and has played a leading role for more than 150 years in providing investors and financers the information they need to more easily, quickly and efficiently provide capital to businesses and governments.
The Business Practice Groups include: Corporates, Infrastructure, Public Finance, Financial Institutions, Structured Finance, Sovereign and International Public Finance.
Corporates: The corporates group deals with rating corporations from a diverse array of sectors, including but not limited to Oil & Gas, Media & Entertainment, Technology and Retail & Restaurants. These corporations come from all walks of life, and can be as small as a chain of dental offices in the Midwest to household names like Sprint, Uber and J. Crew.
Infrastructure: This includes rating debt from entities in the private sector that are increasingly willing to construct, lease, operate, and maintain infrastructure assets from airports and toll roads to power plants and schools. Due to the long-lived nature of these assets, debt capital plays an important role in financing infrastructure.
Public Finance: Entities that are owned, sponsored or created by the government are rated here: this includes rating local governments like New York City, higher education like Harvard University or even the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco.
Financial Institutions: Financial institutions is our blanket term for entities that perform financial services for customers. Examples include banks (JP Morgan Chase), non-banks (Visa), insurance companies (Metlife) and Funds (money market funds).
Sovereign and International Public Finance: International entities that span from rating entire countries all over the globe, to the local level a la US Public Finance. The Impact:
Join a team that evaluates the overall credit worthiness of organizations and their ability to meet their financial obligations for traditional credit-based products as well as a variety of structured banking transactions. You will also support teams that evaluate collateral pools, credit risk, structural considerations, legal considerations, and the ability of securitization issuers to meet their obligations to pay timely interest and repay principal for a wide variety of structured finance asset types.
What's in it for you:
- At S&P Global Ratings, your analytical opinion truly matters and each person who works here has an essential role in S&P Global Ratings reputation of integrity, transparency, and ratings excellence.
- S&P Global Ratings plays a vital role in bringing transparency and comparability to the financial markets and helps investors and others measure and manage credit risk.
- By supporting capital markets, S&P Global Ratings helps people to start and grow businesses, cities and states to build highways and hospitals, and manufacturers to build factories and create jobs.
You will be offered the opportunity to assist S&P Global in achieving its mission of being one of the leading providers of the highest quality risk evaluations and analytical information to the world's financial markets.
Summer interns will work with junior and senior analysts within S&P Global and senior management of issuing entities through the ratings process (including ratings committees and management meetings). Responsibilities:
What We're Looking For:
- Learn and understand ratings criteria and methodology
- Assist with preparing required documents for rating committee and issuer management meetings
- Provide timely and accurate quarterly financial statistics and data analysis
- Assist in reporting, research, presentations and modelling
- Support the team on execution improvement and ad-hoc writing projects
About S&P Global Ratings:
- This program is limited to those who are a US citizen, lawful permanent resident (LPR), asylee or refugee
- Fully matriculated students with anticipated graduation date in Fall 2021 or Spring 2022
- All majors welcome; Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Financial Engineering, Math, Public Policy, Quantitative Analysis and Statistics majors preferred
- Intellectually curious; the ability to learn quickly
- Strong written and verbal communication (good verbal skills, listening techniques, and a clear, concise writing)
- Problem-solving, time-management, attention to detail and organizational abilities
- The ability and the desire to learn to conduct your own analysis and research
- Understand importance of building strong relationships and partnering with team members
- Significant comfort level with Excel and other Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Leadership experiences in organizations on campus are recommended, but not required
- Programming languages such as Python, C++, R, and VBA are recommended, but not required
S&P Global Ratings is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
203 - Entry Professional (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RATNGS203 - Entry Professional (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
257173 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States