Securities Research Analyst- Retail/Hardlines, VP, NY
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards
At Credit Suisse, Sustainability, Research & Investment Solutions (SRI) is an organization dedicated to supporting the divisions in delivering innovative products, content and solutions to our wealth management, corporate and institutional clients. Being a leader in our core proficiencies is our objective, whether this be providing bespoke advisory on sustainable financing, thematic industry research or outstanding house views. With the establishment of SRI, we accelerate the bank-wide evolution, innovation, and response required to support the changing needs of our clients, regulators and the markets in which we operate. Securities Research (SR) is one of the cornerstones of SRI.
Credit Suisse SR is looking for a Research Associate (RA) or Associate Analyst (ASO) to join our top ranked Hardline/Broadline Retail Team in our New York office. Highly motivated, diligent, detail oriented, teammates are encouraged to apply. Prior equity research experience is a plus.
At Credit Suisse, associates play an integral role in the innovation, production and distribution of original research as a member of a Senior Analyst's research franchise. Gain outstanding exposure to the Retail industry as well as to all of Credit Suisse's premiere business franchises. Through your interactions with senior management of the companies under coverage, key opinion leaders within the academic medical community, buy-side clients and your counterparts in sales, trading and fixed income, you will gain extensive industry and company knowledge. Our Research Department is one of the top rated on Wall Street and our Associate program offers you the developmental resources to succeed. Responsibilities:
- Analyze macro, and industry specific trends, along with company financials under the direction of the senior analyst.
- Focus on identifying and tracking new data points, and synthesizing and interpreting data to help drive investment theses
- Monitor and maintain financial models and industry databases for research reports
- Help identify mega themes including evolving consumer trends, market share shifts, and disruption across the US retail sector.
- Network with industry contacts and attend industry trade shows and conferences
- Prepare and format reports, incl. prioritizing and presenting data through effective charts and exhibits and assisting in writing research notes
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work.
- Bachelor's degree with strong academic background required (preferably finance, accounting, mathematics, engineering or a quantitative background).
- Strong big data analysis skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven understanding of business modeling and accounting principles.
- Hardworking, result oriented with the ability to work in a time sensitive environment.
- Ability to learn quickly with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent PC skills; proficient knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint is a plus!
- Series 7, 63, 86, and 87 required - successful completion will be required shortly after employment begins
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.