Securities Services - Outsourced Middle Office Platform - Product Development - Vice President - New York / Boston
Securities Services: Outsourced Middle Office Platform - Product Development Vice President - New York / Boston About J.P. Morgan Investor Services
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across Banking, Markets and Investor Services. The world's largest corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries.
The Custody and Fund Services business provides middle office services, custody, accounting and administration for investment managers and asset owners, including mutual funds, hedge funds, private equity, real estate funds, pension funds, and fund of funds.
Investment Middle Office Services (IMOS) is a key fund services product that provides asset managers the ability to leverage JP Morgan's operational expertise and market leading technology and data infrastructure to manage their trade processing, asset servicing, collateral management, and investment record capabilities. The product encompasses a multi-asset class offering across listed securities, equity swaps, cleared and OTC derivatives, and bank loans, focusing on the needs of large asset managers. The Role
The IMOS Product Development VP will drive design and delivery of key aspects of the strategic middle office product, which leverages investment bank-wide capabilities to implement efficient and competitive product solutions. This role will focus on real-time investment data across all asset classes for client consumption into front office order management systems and client data platforms. This individual will provide subject matter expertise on investment data across all asset classes, including lifecycle data, for use by front office, performance, risk, and other asset manager functions. In addition, the role requires definition and execution of the roadmap based on current client mandates and potential new funds. The individual will work with clients, product management, sales and service teams, and technology to build out and enhance these components for investment middle office. In addition to interfacing with clients and product teams, this role offers an opportunity to further develop expertise across securities services and data platform capabilities. Given the pace of change, responsibilities of the role will include strategic thinking on FinTech, Big Data, etc to provide a competitive product to the market.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Subject matter expertise on middle office trade and position management, the investment data structures to support the processing, and it's use by large asset managers across asset classes
- Design and deliver against the strategic MOS roadmap through the full project life cycle, including analysis, design of the client experience and service model, and testing / migration of the components for delivery
- Identify opportunities for product improvement and differentiation, efficiency and standardization, present and drive process improvements
- Partner with the technology team to execute the development of the toolset, providing requirements and ensuring delivery is on time and on budget
- Communicate progress of the product development effort with all levels of the organization to keep team members and leadership apprised of progress and challenges
- Communicate directly with the client to define/document product requirements, and accurately provide those results to the business and technology teams
- MUST have at least three years experienceworking with or at a large asset manager performing operational changemanagement, technology development, or trading desk support, or in anotherbusiness line that provides middle office related services and data, such asPrime Brokerage
- Five (5) or more years of experiencewithin Financial Services is required
- Experience designing and implementingsolutions, either for clients or for improvement of internal processes,including documentation of business requirements, development of the roadmap,and plan / timelines for execution.
- Energetic self-starter with ability todrive delivery of the strategic vision with demonstrated effectiveness leadinga multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent communication capabilities,clearly and succinctly message with appropriate level of detail tocross-functional teams, senior management, and clients
- Strong collaboration skills, able to workwith many different individuals and partner effectively with different groups
- Strong program management skills, must beorganized and able to develop a program plan and break down into achievabledeliverables
- Proven track record of effectivelyresolving issues and conflicts to ensure timely delivery
- Role has the option be located in Bostonfor strong talent