Securitization Risk Manager, VP
About the Team
The Credit Portfolio Management ("CPM") team provides an enterprise view of risk across a number of products and business lines to support Credit Risk Management decision making across Mizuho. The key objectives of CPM are improving portfolio construction, reducing concentrations, and ongoing portfolio monitoring. The current stage of the credit cycle has heightened scrutiny on assessing risk/return and using capital efficiently, while still working to meet overall growth and new business targets.
The team uses both quantitative and qualitative methods to execute portfolio stress-testing, concentration risk management and limit setting, identification of emerging risks and comprehensive industry/sector credit analyses. Summary
Support the Head of Credit Portfolio Management with risk management of Mizuho's ABS and Securitization portfolio.
Key responsibilities are summarized below: Responsibilities
- Evaluate and monitor the risk characteristics of a portfolio of Securitization funding facilities. Work with Front Office and Credit Risk to develop additional quantitative and analytical tools to enhance portfolio management.
- Develop and execute comprehensive ongoing monitoring plans on private ABS transactions utilizing financial analysis and capital structure cash flow modeling. Work with Risk Analytics to develop and conduct portfolio stress tests for senior risk and business management.
- Review and interpret legal documentations to ensure accurate implementation of financial covenants, trigger events, priority of payments and deal structure in risk modeling.
- Assess the risk involved in highly complex structured transactions and proactively monitor portfolio (risk metrics, compliance with financials covenants, etc.) and underlying collateral performance to identify credit migration.
- Establish portfolio limits and measure product compliance with firm Risk Appetite.
- Provide risk metrics, data, and analytic support for new and existing Securitization funding facilities backed by various asset classes including consumer auto, credit card, student loan and commercial loan & lease. Oversee risk model development, stress testing, and loss assumptions for securitization portfolio.
- Generate reports as required to highlight portfolio metrics for senior management and external regulators and escalate credit concerns to senior risk managers.
- Work with various deal and data teams to ensure credit risk positions are accurately reported in credit systems.
- 6+ years of related work experience in credit risk analysis of ABS products including a demonstrated understanding of asset origination and servicing and ABS financing markets.
- Significant experience with structured finance transactions. Comprehensive hands-on knowledge of securitization collateral analysis, deal modeling, and legal structures.
- Technical Skills: Strong knowledge of Microsoft office products including Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Programming and transaction modeling skills using Excel and VBA a plus.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills demonstrating the ability to assimilate new information, understand complex topics, and arrive at sound analysis and judgment.
- Proactive, curious, self-starter who requires minimal supervision. Demonstrated drive to improve, learn, research, and resolve issues independently and/or with others on team.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and thrive in a fast-paced team environment.
- Eligibility to work in local market
- Bachelor's degree with major in Finance, Business Administration, Computer Science, or Economics.
Mizuho Americas is a leading financial institution comprising several legal entities, which together offer clients corporate and investment banking, financing, securities, treasury services, asset management, research and more. Mizuho's operations in the Americas connect a broad client base of major corporations, financial institutions and public sector groups to local markets and a vast global network. Mizuho Americas is an integral part of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE: MFG), which is comprised of offices in nearly 40 countries, approximately 60,000 employees, and assets of more than USD 1.8 trillion. Learn more at mizuhoamericas.com.
Mizuho Bank Ltd. offers a competitive total rewards package.
We are an EEO/AA Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran.
We participate in the E-Verify program.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.