Securitized Products Group– Fixed Income Secured Lending – COO Group
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture. Department Profile
The Fixed Income Division (FID) is comprised of Interest Rate and Currency Products, Credit Products, Securitized Products, and Municipal Securities. Professionals in the Division assess and actively manage risk, trade securities, and structure as well as execute innovative transactions in the fast-paced and constantly changing global markets. Position Description
Morgan Stanley's Securitized Products Group (SPG) has a lending arm that focuses on traditional Commercial Real Estate as well as Warehouse (FID Secured Lending "FSL") lending secured by diversified pools of assets. This is a rapidly expanding business within Fixed Income being recognized for providing traditional and innovative financing techniques, helping a wide range of global clients execute their business strategy.
We are currently seeking interested Associate to Vice President level candidates to join our SPG Lending team based in New York. This role reports to the Global Chief Operating Officer (COO) for FSL. The successful person will work closely with all members of the global COO team, SPG Lending management team, including Desk Heads, colleagues in Finance, Operations and Strats. The role requires a keen interest in the strategy and operations of the Fixed Income business and encompasses a large range of responsibilities. Primary Responsibilities
- Support the COO team in driving business planning, business strategy and key priorities
- Create meaningful analysis to aid SPG Lending management's strategic decisions
- Assist in presentations for senior management on performance metrics and key initiatives
- Assist development of web-based management reporting tools
- Understand and review capital and returns for the business
- Support the business in the budget and CCAR revenue process
- Well organized, detail oriented, analytical individual
- High level of motivation and strong work ethic
- Ability to work productively across multiple projects with competing priorities and tight deadlines.
- Strong Excel and Powerpoint skills Qualifications: Skills Required
- Commercial instict
- Strong analytical and modelling skills
- Ability to think creatively and strategically, and thrive in a dynamic and often ambiguous work environment
- Pro-active and results oriented mind-set
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team and across organizational boundaries
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential.