Senior Analyst - Real Estate and Leisure
At Fitch, we have an open culture where employees are able to exchange ideas and perspectives, throughout the organization, irrespective of their seniority. Your voice will be heard allowing you to have a real impact. We embrace diversity and appreciate authenticity, employees work in an environment where they can be their true selves. Our inclusive and progressive approach helps us to keep a balanced perspective.
With our expertise, we are not only creating data and information, but also producing timely insights from every angle to influence decision making in this ever changing and highly competitive market. We have a relentless hunger to innovate and unlock the power of human insights and to drive value for our customers. There has never been a better time to make an impact and we invite you to join us on this journey.
Fitch Ratings is a leading provider of credit ratings, commentary and research. Dedicated to providing value beyond the rating through independent and prospective credit opinions, Fitch Ratings offers global perspectives shaped by strong local market experience and credit market expertise. The additional context, perspective and insights we provide have helped fund a century of growth and enables you to make important credit judgments with confidence.
Fitch is seeking a Senior Analyst for the Real Estate & Leisure team in the Corporate Finance group. The ideal candidate is someone who:
- has some knowledge of and/or a keen interest in learning more about the Real Estate & Leisure sectors (with an emphasis on equity REITs);
- has a professional background in capital markets, credit, financial and/or strategic analysis, plus a solid understanding of financial statements;
- wants to deepen their exposure to and understanding of the debt capital markets;
- is a strong team player with the ability to proactively and successfully interact with various stakeholders, both within and outside the organization;
- has an ultimate career objective of developing a reputation as a credit expert and an industry authority;
- enjoys critical thinking, including developing and sharing well-reasoned opinions.
Qualitative credentials will weigh meaningfully in the selection of the candidate. A healthy sense of intellectual curiosity is critical, along with a demonstrated willingness and ability to attack and explain topics of analytical complexity. Fitch is a team-oriented work environment, so excellent communication skills are essential, as is a high productivity work-ethic, results-oriented mindset and positive attitude. Essential Functions of this position include:
- Perform quantitative analysis including comprehensive financial statement forecasting, comparable analysis and bankruptcy evaluation;
- Perform qualitative analysis focused on factors such as business models, competitive strengths, management strategy, industry analysis and regulatory considerations;
- Assist lead analysts in developing credit rating recommendations through extensive research and financial modelling support;
- Take responsibility for monitoring and proactively assessing a small portfolio of companies, including presenting analysis and opinion recommendations to credit committees;
- Assist in maintaining Fitch's financial database;
- Participate in meetings with Real Estate & Leisure industry executive-level management teams to strengthen understanding of their business and its industry;
- Support and contribute to research publications for the team and Fitch's Leveraged Finance initiative. What you're working towards as an analyst with Fitch:
Through career advancement, the Senior Analyst is working towards developing a reputation as a thought leader providing the debt markets with high-quality analysis and forward-looking views. The Senior Analyst will have the opportunity to develop through both an extensive credit and financial analysis curriculum and working directly with highly experienced sector analysts. Over their career, the successful Senior Analyst can expect responsibility for increasingly complex and high-profile coverage. These responsibilities will ultimately include a market facing role. Position Requirements
- Bachelor's degree at minimum, MBA or other advanced degree a plus;
- CFA candidate preferred, CFA/CPA a plus;
- 1-2+ years relevant experience, some coverage or knowledge of the Real Estate & Leisure sectors a plus;
- Capital markets and/or credit analysis experience a plus;
- Strong understanding of Excel and Word;
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and organizational skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to shift fluidly between multiple projects as priorities change;
- Ability to excel in a team-oriented environment.
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Wholly owned by the Hearst Corporation, we are comprised of three main businesses: Fitch Ratings | Fitch Solutions | Fitch Learning.
For more information please visit our websites: www.fitchratings.com | www.fitchsolutions.com | www.fitchlearning.com
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will be asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts prior to commencing employment. If you, or your immediate family, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, you may be asked to divest yourself of them before beginning work.
Fitch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.