Senior Analyst, Financial Analysis
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 20 Apr 18 2018-04-20
Senior Analyst, Financial Analysis
The Role: Senior Analyst, Financial Analysis
The Location: New York, New York or Charlottesville, Virginia
The Team: The team is responsible for execution of the ongoing financial planning and analysis cycle, including budgeting, forecasting, and finance business partnering with all functional lines of business (e.g., technology, index production, etc.).
The Impact: Acts as a business partner in providing financial services as well as process/operations improvements. Conducts financial analysis and reporting to provide financial direction to the various business divisions. Provides guidance and support in establishing and setting the estimates & budgets, accounting policies and controls, fiscal controls etc. Maintains accounting and financial records and reports, including general ledger, financial statements, regulatory and management reports.
What's in it for you: This role will immediately be tasked with execution of the ongoing FP&A process and with enhancing existing processes, procedures, and analyses in order to add effectiveness and efficiency to the team. Additionally, this will be a high exposure role with the opportunity to collaborate directly with functional leaders in driving financial and operational value from within each of the functional units. Lastly, this position will play a significant role in elevating the profile and scope of analysis performed on the business and will contribute to business decision-making on a regular basis.
- Establishing and setting the estimates & budgets for respective units/country/region. Creates quarterly financial estimates for the department, assesses reasonability of estimates, and reports the results to the department's operations management and senior Finance staff including commentary/variance explanations.
- Provide in-depth financial analysis for critical operating expense items in conjunction with preparation of monthly/quarterly reporting;
- Execute the close process for operating expenses, ensuring both accuracy and precision of the monthly actuals and forward-looking estimates
- Act as finance business partner in developing financial models for strategic / capital investments (e.g., product development, technology etc.)
- Play a key role in creating key performance indicators and development of financial and operational dashboards for use by senior management
- Provide financial support for M&A activity and commercial deal-making on an ad hoc basis
What We're Looking For and Basic Qualifications:
- Financial acumen accumulated through prior experience in a strategic finance organization
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving abilities; someone who can look at a problem and intuitively develop solutions and execute
- Top-notch communication skills and able to collaborate across all levels of seniority within the organization
- Strong project management skills; an ability to keep multiples balls in the air at once and drive key priorities to completion
- Prior experience training and developing staff
- 6 plus years prior experience in a financial planning and analysis role or a combination of public accounting/industry experience
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or related field
- CPA, MBA and/or CFA desirable but not mandatory
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit, S&P Global Market Intelligence
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person's ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.