Senior Analyst II - Media
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- IHS Markit
- 12 Dec 18
Senior Analyst II - Media
Senior Analyst, Media
IHS Markit is seeking a Senior Analyst to join the Home Entertainment team within IHS Markit Technology.
Senior Analyst will have day-to-day responsibility for tracking the international Home Entertainment market across digital and physical formats. Home Entertainment has long been one of the most important parts of the movie and TV business, it has evolved rapidly as consumer embraced digital distribution of content through transactional business such as Apple iTunes Store and subscription services like Netflix, as well as traditional formats DVD and Blu-ray Disc.
General Job Duties: To be a subject area expert in the international home entertainment industry, representing IHS Markit with clients, sales prospects and within the media. Primary responsibility is to maintain industry contacts, produce written reports and data analysis on the international home entertainment market (i.e. purchase, rental and subscription of content via both physical and digital platforms). In addition, the candidate will simultaneously engage in high-intensity consulting projects to address our clients' most pressing strategic and technical business challenges. This position requires regular travel to Los Angeles area to develop and maintain studio contacts base.
Specific Job Duties:
- Researching and forecasting the international home entertainment market. Includes a quantitative assessment of market developments in both physical and digital media.
- Producing a regular flow of written work on key strategic issues in home entertainment which take a true cross platform view of the market combining physical with digital analysis.
- Developing and extending research areas within the home entertainment scope to develop existing products and create new ones.
- Interacting with clients. The successful candidate must be able to converse with clients to both succinctly explain our data and analysis, and also gather data and information through those interactions. This will be conducted in writing, in person and on the phone.
- Support account managers in their interactions with prospective and existing clients to encourage client acquisition and retention.
- Contributing to single client consulting work on the media industry and more broadly where required.
- Interacting extensively with other teams within Technology and wider IHS Markit.
- Sharing information and research findings as part of a trans-Atlantic team.
- Represent IHS Markit as a subject expert at client events, conferences and through the media (press, radio and TV).
Required Education: Undergraduate degree from a top university as a minimum. A master's degree would be preferable or equivalent industry experience.
Required Experience: Previous experience should include an analytical role with high level of client interaction. Previous media industry experience would be highly desirable.
- Strong technical skills and demonstrable ease with working with data
- MS Excel literacy to an advanced level
- Data literacy with experience of database working
- High degree of mathematical fluency
- Modelling and forecasting techniques
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Problem-solving and analytical thinking
- Motivation and attitude
- Self-starting attitude and ability to work independently for extended periods of time
- Ability to work productively in teams and openness to giving and receiving constructive criticism
- Strong organisational skills
- Thoroughness and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and work on numerous projects at one time
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Right to Work
Pay Transparency Policy
Current Colleagues If you are currently a colleague with IHS Markit please apply internally via Workday.