Senior Analyst, Ownership
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 23 Sep 18 2018-09-23
Senior Analyst, Ownership
The Role: Senior Analyst, Ownership
Location: New York, New York or Charlottesville, Virginia
The Impact: You will be a key contributor to the Data & Analytics Product Management team. You will be joining a global team of experienced professionals from the financial data and analysis industry and interacting regularly with various teams across our organization, including technology, sales, relationship management, research, and development, as you help drive the strategy for the team and overall organization. You will directly contribute to the successful design, development and go-to-market of solutions that solve for the needs of our clients, ultimately driving our company growth and the efficiency.
- have a good working knowledge of Ownerships data and processes - specifically related to but not limited to 13F/D/Gs in the US and other similar filings globally
- have an understanding for how clients at corporations, investment banks, investment managers and other financial services firms, as well as Government and Academic institutions utilize the above data as part of their daily workflow
- be comfortable talking to clients to discuss their business needs
- have strong attention to detail and entrepreneurial and creative spirit
- have a desire to bring creative data and analytical tools to market
The Career Opportunity:
Due to the dynamic nature of the role you will interact with multiple partners in a wide range of locations and time zones. This will allow you develop key skills such as time management, stakeholder management, international communications and project management. It is a great opportunity for you to join a strong global team, grow professionally and have a genuine impact on our clients and business.
The Team / Business:
Our Data & Analytics team is a newly formed team within S&P Global Market Intelligence and is tasked with building and developing the next generation of data and analytical tools to serve the needs of not only our vast and diverse external client base but also internal partners. This is a highly visible team within a dynamic and thriving organization.
We provide solutions to our clients that are critical to help them meet the demands of today's ever-changing environment always focusing on our core values of Integrity, Excellence, and Relevance in everything we do. The business has a casual and friendly atmosphere that promotes an entrepreneurial spirit where we cultivate ownership and create a culture of accountability.
- Work with clients to define functional requirements & wire frames for developing the product and content
- Analyze and incorporate client feedback to drive product enhancements
- Work with other product segments to build and drive the Ownerships product vision and strategy
- Uncover new opportunities to unlock content and analytical assets from across the wider organization for client benefit
- Generate ideas for new products or enhancements and develop the business cases and project submissions
- Perform product testing to ensure all released solutions meet our high quality standards
- Create internal training materials and programs to maximize the effectiveness of the product launch
- Conduct market, company and competitor research
- Understand and adjust to global/regional market requirements
- Work collaboratively with various internal departments to establish effective marketing tactics, training materials, and commercial education
- Become an internal authority and leader with vision for the team through blog posting and other forms of evangelism
- Be a subject matter expert to assist relationship managers, new sales and client support with product demonstrations and product/workflow understanding as it relates to the Ownership dataset
- Drive Market Education and broaden S&P Global Market Intelligence (SPGMI) brand awareness
- Minimum 3 years' experience in finance, data vendor, analytics firm, product management, or related role
- BA/BS in Finance, Economics, or equivalent preferred
- MBA and/ or CFA preferred
- Understanding of different client segments and how they use and analyze different market Ownerships
- Strong comfort level speaking directly with clients and a wiliness to travel to client sites in the U.S. and globally
- Ability to craft and implement a business plan and product roadmap
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Proven ability to communicate ideas effectively, strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to explain complex investment concepts in simple terms
- Experience with the existing MI product suite - especially desktop and enterprise (e.g. MI platform, CIQ, XF etc.)
- Strong technical skills preferred - Microsoft Word, PPT, advanced Excel knowledge, SQL, and Salesforce
- Basic knowledge of the Business Development Life Cycle and Agile software development is beneficial
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial, industry data, research, and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit, S&P Global Market Intelligence
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person's ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.