To participate in and contribute to all aspects of LP portfolio secondary transactions with responsibility for all primary quantitative and qualitative analysis of portfolio companies, funds and LP portfolios.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Qualitatively and quantitatively evaluate potential transactions including performing detailed sector and company research and LP portfolio analysis (for example, aggregating fund cash flows and benchmarking).
- Conduct due diligence and assist with deal execution and transaction management.
- Financial modelling including company valuation analysis, private equity fund analysis and transaction structure modelling.
- Prepare materials for Investment Committee and other internal meetings.
- Interact with external consultants and advisers as required regarding analysis.
STRUCTURING AND EXECUTION
- Participate in the development of appropriate deal structures to meet sellers’ and/or managers’ needs in close liaison with in-house tax/legal team.
- Work with the deal team and Coller’s in-house legal team to prepare and coordinate the execution of NDAs, offer letters, purchase agreements and other legal and transaction documentation.
- Assist with closing administration.
- Keep up-to-date on portfolio performance and address any specific requests for action or approval (for example, receipt and sale/retention of distributed stock proceeds).
- Prepare returns forecasts, commentary, and other investment information for internal monitoring purposes.
DEAL SOURCING, MARKETING AND FUNDRAISING
- Conduct desk research for marketing, deal sourcing and fundraising.
- Build strong relationships with GPs/Investors/Consultants/Advisers.
- Undertake warm/hot calling and cold calling (all usually as part of a team focused on a specific geographic area, sector or transaction type).
Qualifications and Experience
- 4-6 years experience within a relevant industry (you will have completed your analyst training or equivalent and may have some experience at an Associate level) including;
- private equity
- funds of funds
- pension fund
- family office
- M&A / corporate finance
- leveraged finance
- an investment consulting firm (finance focus)
- as an investor/LP
- Good transactional experience.
- Very strong analytical abilities.
- Advanced financial and business modelling skills.
- Established business network in the US through working in the US.
- Fluent (written and spoken) English.
- Solid knowledge of the Private Equity Secondaries market.
Competencies (Key Behaviours)
- Results driven
- Ambitious and highly motivated
- Strategic and commercial acumen
- An entrepreneurial approach
- Initiative and adaptability
- A team player with a strong work ethic
- Well informed on market trends and key players
- Excellent networking skills