- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Mar 18
Senior Associate, Business Development - Corporate Finance Group
Location: New York, NY, USAThe Role
An individual contributor providing administrative and customer support in order to grow mandates and revenue for the Corporate Finance Group.
- Provide team with administrative support in relation to business development, including preparing engagement documents and promotional materials, liaising with Account Management, Billings, Global Middle Office, Marketing and Collections teams as required.
- Conduct credit and research analysis for prospective customers to establish opportunities for new mandates.
- At the Manager's request, independently respond to customer queries and follow-up actions from Business Development client meetings, ensuring an excellent level of customer service is provided.
- Review publications to identify market developments which can be leveraged for new business and report findings to the Business Development team.
- Under direction from the Manager, coordinate calling program for prospective customers and intermediaries within territory or line-of-business in an effort to secure meetings for senior team members
- Attend prospective client meetings with the Manager and participate in pricing discussions with clients, under the supervision of the Manager .
- Provide administrative support to senior team members to ensure the effective on-boarding and handover of new customers to Account Management.
- Responsible for maintenance of internal databases in relation to customer information .
- Under the supervision of the Manager, responsible for liaising with external parties such as issuers to resolve customer issues. Escalate any complex issues to senior team members, as appropriate.
The MIS Commercial group drives MIS's sales and marketing efforts, product development and strategic initiatives.
- Minimum of Undergraduate preferably in finance, accounting, business or economics.
- 2 to 4 years of relevant work experience in the financial services industry.
- Demonstrate solid working knowledge of Capital Markets and consistently and effectively applies knowledge to their existing role .
- Strong verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively with and contribute to a large and diverse team
- Ability to prioritize and to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to be proactive and exercise initiative
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.