Senior Associate, Facilities Design & Planning
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- New York Life Insurance Company
- 21 Apr 18 2018-04-21
Senior Associate, Facilities Design & Planning
New York Life Insurance Company ("New York Life" or "the company") is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2016 operating earnings of $1.954 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2016, with affiliates, totaled $538 billion. As of year-end 2016, New York Life's surplus was $23.336 billion**. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard & Poor's AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/17/16).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity-the values upon which New York Life was founded-have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
Utilizing Architectural and interior design expertise with computer technical knowledge, manage and implement various interior design and renovation projects for NYL Business Units. Necessary to work with NYL department representatives, outside vendors and consultants to expedite all work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Planning : Meet with customer to ascertain project requirements, compile scope of work through interviews and space surveys. Develop project schedules. Verify and identify code compliance for ADA &NYC/DOB fling as needed.
- Space Design : Produce block plans, space reconfigurations and furniture layouts plans for customer approval.
- Specifications : Manage the specification of furniture product provided by furniture dealer, ensure adherence to NYL standards program. Procure vendor estimates, order placement, specifications review, schedule deliveries and installations.
- AutoCad Drawings : Produce drawings for construction of projects including furniture layout, drywall, reflected ceiling, elect. Tel/data, etc.
- Budgeting and Bidding : Prepare budgets and estimates based on scope of work for customer's approval. Track projects for progress and schedule deadlines. Review construction bids and make recommendations based on level of bids.
- Project Management : manage all outside consultants on project; architects, engineers, project management firm, furniture and IT vendors to expedite varying scales of projects from demo to move-in. Manage inter departmental relationships within NYL: Procurement, IT, AP. Initiate and obtain contract proposals and estimates from various vendors, consultants on a project-by-project basis.
- Relocations : Coordinate with customer and IT (tel/data) departmental or individual relocations. Schedule and expedite with movers and/or internal consulting staff.
- Project Administration : Manage and place purchase orders through internal accounting system. Reconcile and track vendors orders and invoices, ensure proper closure of project accounting. Maintain correspondence and communication with customers. Manage project transmittals, estimate sign-offs, change orders, review & approval of vendor invoices for payment
- "Day 2" Work: Coordinate furniture removals, relocations, wood refinishing, installation of keyboards, surplus furniture management, office painting, office carpeting, re-upholstery, cable pulls, installation of elect. Outlets, etc.
- Bachelor Degree of Architecture or Fine Arts (Interior Design)
- Minimum of 5 years of multi-disciplined professional exposure
- Proficient in Autocad, AutoDesk, including computer knowledge and training, Word, MS Projects, Excel
- Strong Communicator and problem solving skills. Shows initiative and multi task ability
- Review estimates and budgets to ensure it meets original project scope, budget and schedule
- Stay current with any new National/City codes that would generate changes to our business requirements
- Initiate contact with outside vendors, consultants and contractors as well as NYL staff, building support staff and technical consultants
- Works with NYL department representatives, internal services and outside Consultants as required on a project by project basis
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
* Based on revenue as reported by "Fortune 500, ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual)," Fortune Magazine, June 17, 2016. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/ for methodology.
** Total surplus, which includes the Asset Valuation Reserve, is one of the key indicators of the company's long-term financial strength and stability and is presented on a consolidated basis of the company.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company's profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US (GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach (non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.