Senior Auditor, Finance - Product Control
The Senior Auditor is an intermediate level role responsible for managing a small team in performing moderately complex audits and assessments of Citi's risk and control environments in coordination with the Audit team. The overall objective is to apply in-depth disciplinary knowledge through value-added perspectives or advisory service to help Citi reach business goals. Responsibilities:
- This role participates in the timely delivery of high quality, value added assurance and audit reports for a portfolio of business activities, which meet the requirements of the Boards of Citigroup and Citibank, their affiliates and of Citi's respective regulators, globally.
This role will support the regional Product Control team in delivering Global audits and some local audits focused on the function key activities:
- P&L substantiation and estimate, including P&L Attribution Analysis (PAA)
- Independent price verification and fair value adjustments
- Front to back reconciliations
- Intercompany reporting
- Specialized accounting (e.g. ASC 815, OTTI)
- Regulatory reporting
- Applies solid understanding of internal audit standards, policies, and local regulations to provide timely audit assurance.
- Contributes to the development of audit processes improvements.
- Applies solid understanding of how internal audit collectively integrates with line management and control functions to accomplish the objectives of the function and overall business.
- Performs moderately complex audits related to Consumer or Investment Banking; technology management; project/program management; or supplier management in accordance with corporate methodologies and professional standards, including drafting of audit reports, presenting issues to the business and discussing practical solutions.
- Completes assigned audits within budgeted timeframes, and budgeted costs.
- Provides coaching to team members in all phases of the audit process.
- Monitors the risk environment and assesses the emerging risks through the Business Monitoring process.
- Recommends appropriate and pragmatic solutions to risk and control issues.
- Applies knowledge of key regulations to influence audit scope.
- Develops effective line management relationships to ensure strong understanding of the business.
- Pro-actively develops automated routines to help focus audit testing
- 3-6 years of relevant experience
- Specific subject matter expertise regarding application of control disciplines and a solid business understanding of cross-business products and how they generate P&L and risk.
- Good understanding of Product Control processes and some limited work experience in the area (on the audit or business side)
- Good understanding of valuation of financial instruments and key controls associated with the Independent Price Verification and fair value adjustments process
- Keep abreast of the markets and how changes impact the P&L of the businesses;
- Intermediate level experience in a related role with experience in business, functional and people management, with proven abilities in taking responsibility for issuing high quality deliverables to stakeholders according to strict timetables.
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views.
- This individual must be an articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of internal and external audit and management.
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US
Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .