- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Senior Auditor, ICG Conduct and Supervision
Senior Auditor, ICG Conduct and Supervision
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Audit
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 25 % of the Time
- Job ID: 18047553
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explain what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Internal Audit is a global organization of 2000 professionals covering Citi's global businesses and service to clients and customers in over 180 countries. Citi's Internal Audit division provides independent assessments of the company's governance, risk management and internal control environment for key stakeholders including the Board of Directors, senior management and Citi's numerous regulators globally. Internal Audit is a change agent within Citi aimed to enhance the control culture of Citigroup worldwide and thereby support senior management decision making around the globe.
This role executes and directs the timely delivery of high quality, value added audit assurance work covering a portfolio of Global Markets businesses with particular focus on risks and controls relating to conduct and supervision.
This is a Senior Auditor role focusing on leading the audit coverage for Global Markets businesses, with a particular focus on Markets-wide initiatives, remediation projects, risk assessment, annual planning, business monitoring, audit execution and reporting for thematic Markets supervision and conduct issues.
- Executes Audit Assurance deliverables covering supervision and conduct controls across Markets businesses, in accordance with Internal Audit standards, relevant government statutes and regulations and Citigroup and Citibank policies.
- Delivers on time high quality audit reports, Internal Audit and Regulatory issue validation, as well as supporting business monitoring deliverables.
- Works on potentially complex and critical sections of audit engagements, including developing testing strategy, executing audit assurance programs and drafting and reporting control issues.
- Possesses a good understanding of Internal Audit standards and knowledge of Global Markets activities.
- Develops effective stakeholder relationships and demonstrates understanding of the inter-relationships of business and support units throughout the corporation and how they impact the overall control environment.
- Uses excellent communication skills in order to influence a wide range of internal audiences including respective product/ function partners.
- Demonstrates strong judgment, political astuteness, and sensitivity to cultural diversity.
- Possesses good project management and interpersonal skills, makes sound decisions.
- Analyses reported findings; recommends appropriate interventions and improvements where needed.
- Proposes creative and pragmatic solutions for risk and control problems. Partners with internal audit and business colleagues to develop approaches for addressing broader corporate emerging issues.
- BA/BS or equivalent. Related certifications (CA, CPA, CFA, CIA or similar) are a plus.
- Similar experience in a related role covering risk and controls assurance with proven abilities in taking responsibility for executing concurrently on a portfolio of high quality deliverables to stakeholders according to strict timetables.
- Demonstrates experience in executing challenging audits and controls testing work within a matrix reporting environment.
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views. This individual must be an articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of internal and external audit and management.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organizational success.