Senior Auditor, Treasury
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all. Description:
Internal Audit is a global organization of over 1800 professionals covering Citi's global businesses and service to clients and customers in over 160 countries. Citi's Internal Audit division provides independent assessments of the company's governance, risk management and internal control environment for key stakeholders including the Board of Directors, senior management and Citi's numerous regulators globally. Internal Audit is a change agent within Citi aimed to enhance the control culture of Citigroup worldwide and thereby support senior management decision making around the globe.
This role participates in the timely delivery of high quality; value added assurance and audit reports for a portfolio of business activities, which meet the requirements of the Boards of Citigroup and Citibank, their affiliates and of Citi's respective regulators, globally.
The IA NAM Corporate Treasury team is comprised of approximately 18 audit professionals with a blend of Treasury and audit backgrounds that covers all NAM Corporate Treasury processes including: Liquidity Risk Management, Funding, Asset Liability Management, Funds Transfer Pricing, Investments, Treasury Risk Governance and Oversight. Key Responsibilities
- As a seasoned professional applies solid understanding of Citi's internal audit standards, policies, and local regulations to provide timely audit assurance.
- Contributes to the development of audit process improvements.
- Applies solid understanding of control processes and the integration of control functions with the business line management.
- Performs moderately complex audits related to Broker Dealer activity, Asset Backed Securitizations, Derivative product and Secured Funding / Prime Brokerage, Global Treasury functions, Capital Markets, and Risk Management, in accordance with corporate methodologies and professional standards, including drafting of audit reports, presenting issues to the business and discussing practical solutions.
- Leverages project management tools to complete audits within budgeted timeframes and budgeted costs.
- Provides coaching to team members in all phases of the audit process.
- Monitors the risk environment and assesses the emerging risks through the quarterly Business Monitoring process.
- Recommends appropriate and pragmatic solutions to risk and control issues.
- Applies knowledge of key regulations to influence audit scope.
- Develops effective line management relationships to ensure strong understanding of the business.
- Ensures that IA database inputs are accurate and changes are reflected on a timely basis
Job Family Group:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent combination of education/experience. Related certifications (CPA, CFA, CIA, CFSA or similar) are a plus.
- Intermediate level experience in business, functional and people management, with proven abilities for taking responsibility and issuing high quality deliverables according to strict timetables to stakeholders.
- Specific subject matter expertise in one or more of the following areas: Corporate Funding, Liquidity, AFS/Investment Portfolio Management, Asset Liability Management and/or Balance Sheet Management and knowledge of related regulatory requirements are preferred.
- Experience with Data Management, and/or Data Quality is desirable.
- Data Analytics and experience with process flowcharts including working knowledge of Visio and/or ACL.
- Background in Market Risk Audit or Markets/Trading (FX, I/R Derivatives, FI Securities) Audit functions is desirable.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- A proactive approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining an independent view.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interacting with all levels of internal and external audit, and management, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style.
Internal Audit Job Family:
Audit Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting