- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Senior Business Analyst-(SaaS) applications
Location: New York, NY, USAExciting opportunity to work with a dynamic and collaborative team where you will be able to unleash your skills and shape the technology of tomorrow. Our team is growing and we are looking for qualified candidates to be part of our future.
This individual will serve as the primary Business Analyst for a number of Financial applications - working closely with multiple business clients to elicit and validate requirements - developing and maintaining strong relationships and keeping these clients informed and engaged throughout the entire project lifecycle. This individual will also work closely with Business Systems Management and with the application development and quality assurance teams to provide support for their work products and to act as an informed customer advocate within the development team. This individual will also be responsible for detailed, high-quality documentation, which meets the needs of the various stakeholders. This individual may work both on enhancements to existing systems and on new development either as the primary Business Analyst or collaborating with other Business Analysts. This position will also be required to work in the capacity as an IT Project Manager and take on aspects of the IT Project Manager role as well when needed.
- Supporting select Oracle based (PeopleSoft) financial modules such as General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Billing, Accounts Receivable and Contracts and other Financial Applications (SaaS).
- Assisting and participating in the relationship management activities involving the SaaS vendors - including supporting and troubleshooting user issues and coordinating and tracking the issues with the vendors until closed.
- Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with the Financial Systems Team, Moody's Analytics, Treasury Team and other Finance and Accounting teams.
- Effectively communicating with the Financial Systems Team, Moody's Analytics, Treasury Team and other Finance and Accounting teams.
- Maintaining a strong understanding of Moody's business processes and strategies as well as IT capabilities and capacity, and filtering and prioritizing by customer demand and business impact.
- Supporting Business Requirements activities by providing end-to-end analysis for product and initiatives with respect to data requirements, data flows, data modeling, workflow context and design, and user interface designs within and across Moody's systems.
- Coordinating or leading the planning and execution of user acceptance testing (UAT).
- Obtaining signoffs and managing requirements change.
- Actively managing Stakeholders of all levels by leading discussions of project scope and approach, and presenting business analysis findings/documentation and proposed solutions.
- Actively participating in the scope definition process and make reasonable recommendations to meet designated release timelines
- Ensuring that the business and the Development and QA teams fully understand requirements prior to requirements finalization date during release, by conducting walkthroughs of all requirements documents.
- Documenting all BA-led meetings with Working Team, Development, and QA to ensure all participants are clear in the discussions and takeaways. Notes should be distributed to all meeting participants within one working day.
- Reviewing QA Test Cases and ensure feedback has been incorporated by QA team prior to functional testing start within each release.
- Ensuring QA test cases are prioritized executed in order of criticality to the business function.
- Track defects on a daily basis, making sure that all data entered by QA is updated and accurate.
- Track test case execution against a plan and ensure QA dashboards/status reports are updated as agreed. Ensure any issues identified/highlighted by reporting are remediated immediately to keep test execution on track.
- Perform BA sanity testing for all releases.
- Facilitate post-release support and transition to application support teams.
- Coordinate project management tasks in support of the PDLC, including identifying project phases, coordinating development activities, monitoring deliverables status and tracking overall project progress.
Moody's Information Technology
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree with a minimum of 5+ year's experience as a Business/Systems Analyst working with Oracle-based software specifically PeopleSoft Financial or other Financial applications.
- Multicurrency and basic accounting experience/concepts desired.
- Experience in systems development - including development, project management, business analysis, information architecture, and data modeling.
- The candidate must possess strong organizational, time management and communication skills and be detail oriented.
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proficiency in MS office including Power point, Word and Excel are required.
- Fundamental understanding of software development lifecycle methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, etc.) and industry best practices.
- Working knowledge implementing Software as a Service (SaaS) applications.
- Ability to remain self-directed, adaptable, flexible in order to adjust priorities and goals in changing environments.
- Proven ability to identify and interpret business requirements into application requirements and IT solutions.
- Strong experience in multi-system application integration.
- Strong leadership skills across both single discipline and multi-discipline teams.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to author a range of high-quality deliverables, including Process Flows, Use Cases and UI Designs.
- Proven ability to articulate complex application requirements and functionality to multiple levels of business and IT stakeholders
- Proven relationship-building skills required in order to create, maintain and enhance relationships with customer, peers and vendors.
- Experience with a large, functionally diverse, and informed user base that demands high-quality applications.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.