- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Senior Business Analyst
Location: New York, NY, USAWe are seeking a Senior Business Analyst for our New York office to support strategic projects that will re-envision the our content offering through multiple distribution channels. The Senior Business Analyst will work with stakeholders to understand the spectrum of needs and capabilities, and then elaborate with the wider cross-disciplinary project team to support the development of solutions that meet the stakeholder requirements. In particular this role will focus the next generation of an existing set of sector-specific products including data and models. The Senior Business Analyst will additionally participate in other projects affecting the business such as website, data or feeds, on an as-needed basis.
- Lead multiple small projects and/or one large project with support from more senior members of the team
- Elicit business and implementation requirements from stakeholders with appropriate prioritization and dependencies identified
- Support user testing; participate in validation sessions
- Participate in the relevant Agile activities around planning, grooming, elaboration, and acceptance
- Manage and execute user acceptance plans
- Develop support documentation and training material
- Respond to technical and functional product questions raised by stakeholders and customers
- Support achievement of sales targets
- Support more junior members of the team
- At least 5 years' experience.
- Degree in information management, computer science, engineering, finance or economics preferred.
- Previous experience with financial data sets preferred.
- Knowledge of Agile development process and the use of a supporting requirement tool is preferred.
- Experience of project management preferred.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, including presentation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong professional relationships at all levels, with both internal and external parties.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.