Senior Business Analyst
Job Description Role/Responsibilities:
The individual chosen to fill this Senior Business Analyst role will be part of the Data Management Technology Services team supporting the Master Data Management System (MDMS), a central management (creation, consolidation, validation, enrichment and correction) system for data areas such as organizations and instruments that are classified as master data for Moody's. The purpose of this position is to build business/functional requirements, analyzing data for master data management capabilities to ensure data integrity for the organization's referential data and operational needs. In addition to functioning as the system end user, the candidate shall act as a senior business process analyst, data analyst, system analyst and subject matter advisor, engaging a diverse set of business and technology groups. This person must provide business analysis expertise in capturing use cases, work closely with developers to provide the requirements and ensure its adherence to it, and provide subject matter expertise in support of all other teams in the effort. The role requires in-depth and sophisticated analysis with interpretive thinking, problem definition, and development of innovative solutions. Key Responsibilities:
- Understand the needs of the business and coordinate/facilitate working sessions with stakeholders to elicit and create business/functional requirements document and/or any additional supporting/supplemental documentation that will help dev team provide an effective implementation.
- Understand flow and usage of master data by upstream and downstream systems and business functions.
- Define the data input, processing/enrichment and output requirements associated with system and data interfaces needed to satisfy the business/functional requirements.
- Support requirements activities by providing end-to-end analysis with respect to data requirements, data flows, data modeling, workflow context and design.
- Perform data profiling; identify/communicate data quality issues and work with other teams as needed to resolve them. Take ownership of issues and proactively see them through from end to end.
- Continuously improve subject matter expertise in the business area being supported, sufficient to become a trusted advisor to the business stakeholders
- Resolve any conflicts with requirements between business units or between business and technology.
- Obtain necessary signoffs and manage change requests.
- Maintain a strong understanding of business processes, strategies, and data needs as well as IT capabilities and capacity, and participate in filtering and prioritizing requests accordingly.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships; keep clients informed and engaged throughout the project lifecycle.
- Handle day-to day operational requests from varous stakeholders.
- Troubleshoot issues and coordinate support and escalations.
- Create and maintain system SOPs.
- Lead and/or support UAT.
- Perform data discrepancy clean-ups.
- Keeping the Squad leader consistently and proactively informed of project progress, risk, and issues.
- Provide support and perform business verification activities for all Mock-runs and Production rollouts.
- Work independently and multitask to meet aggressive deadlines and frequent changes.
- Working knowledge of global fixed income security types.
- Previous experience with financial data sets.
- Strong Business and Analytical skill for complex problem solving, demonstrated ability to understand the business problem and to use analytical skills to research and resolve by providing solutions, alternatives quickly, and set prioritizations.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in the financial services industry. Must have prior experience in business analysis and worked as a liaison between Business and IT as a part of the software development process.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral, including very good presentation skills.
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Data analysis - Intermediate skills with SQL, Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Possesses strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- Experience with one or more of the following vendor data providers: Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, S&P, Fitch, BVD, EDI
- Degree in finance.
- Relevant experience in enterprise level reference/master data and metadata program
- Fundamental understanding of Master Data Management software applications
- Multiple full lifecycle implementation of MDM projects and understanding of MDM best practices
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.