Senior Controls Analyst
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
The CHS USA Risk & Controls Team provides line risk, control oversight and management information to Senior Management. This Team serves as a Second Line of Defense and is a key function responsible for working in partnership with all areas across the IHC and functions to identify key control points and to ensure that the overall control environment is robust, fit for purpose and aligned with the CSH USA Controls Framework. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring operational/control risks are identified and mitigated effectively in areas of people, processes and systems.
The VP/AVP role in the CHS USA Risk & Controls Team in New York, key responsibilities are to:
- Positively impact the development and implementation of the risk and control framework across CSH USA, with appropriate alignment to bank-wide standards.
- Provide risk expertise and structured thinking to ad-hoc projects and tasks such as; crafting and implementing risk and control assessments; evaluating data and development of senior management reporting.
- Serve as an SME in the risk & controls space across the organization to help develop standard methodology and roll out mentorship for core control activities and relevant risk topics. Tactically produce guidelines and evaluate processes, including partnering with other control programs to assure consistency, where applicable.
- Perform and at times lead ad-hoc assurance / deep-dive reviews with a risk and control based approach, covering relevant topics and in response to high risk areas or important themes.
- Track control issues and direct remediation actions
- Manage a team of risk & control professionals in a decentralized environment.
- Equivalent experience of 5 yrs. Operational Risk and Control or a proven track record in a similar risk related field (e.g. Audit, Consulting, 2nd Line of Defense), supplemented with wider financial business and product knowledge from associated roles!
- A delivery focused, proven ability to successfully manage projects / reviews / tasks to completion with high standard. Understand and apply policy and build practical and simple operational guidelines.
- Strong communication skills - applicant will be encouraged to articulate complex operational risk & control issues in a structured, targeted and impactful manner to business partners and management.
- Ability to lead and develop staff in a fast-paced environment
- Creative and inquisitive approach - Strategic brain with ability to evaluate problems at a high level and then investigate into specific aspects, with the ability and love to question the existing state of affairs and identifying issues and improvements with a desire to develop professional relationships at all levels within the firm.
- Do you possess a Degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting/Auditing subject area. Further relevant qualifications such as CPA, CIA or MBA?
- Outstanding Experience across a range of Shared Services functions (such as Product Control, Operations or Financial Accounting) would also be desirable.
- Intermediate PowerPoint & Excel required as baseline skills (advanced skills preferred)!
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.