Senior Director, Tax Counsel
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 19 Jun 18 2018-06-19
Senior Director, Tax Counsel
Position Title: Senior Director, Tax Counsel
Location: 55 Water St., NY NY 10041
Role: S&P Global is seeking a Tax Counsel with experience in the US federal income taxation of corporations. The primary responsibility will be reviewing ongoing and new tax strategies and business activities; providing advice on the tax consequences, risks and opportunities. The Tax Counsel will provide tax planning advice for M&A and other material transactions, including contract negotiation, integration planning and execution. The Senior Director will be a key member of the team in proactively identify opportunities aimed at reducing risk and adding value to the business as an individual contributor.
- Provide technical support to the compliance, audit and provision teams.
- Serve as a consultant to other departments by providing tax information and advice, including negotiating tax provisions in client and vendor contracts
- Lead the tax related analysis of business activities, structures and commercial transactions.
- Assist in the development and implementation of worldwide tax strategies to improve earnings and cash flow and minimize tax liabilities
- Lead the tax related portions of M&A transactions including structuring, contract review and tax due diligence
- Effectively communicates Tax risk as well as opportunities to our executive leadership.
- Supporting US audits, including IDR responses, financial analysis and research.
- Keeping abreast of developments in US and non-US tax laws regulations and identifying issues or opportunities attendant to those developments.
- Managing the third party advisers who are assisting us in meeting our obligations.
- Researching and documenting positions to support conclusions on various issues as required.
- Maintain knowledge of Business Divisions and the tax issues that arise from their operating models.
- Increasing the tax technical competency of tax associates involved in company tax matters.
- Experience providing tax expertise at a law firm or Big 4 accounting firm.
- JD degree is required and LL.M. is helpful.
- Excellent knowledge and awareness of U.S. tax laws.
- Strong project management, analytical, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills including the ability to interpret and document complex technical information in a manner which is understandable by a non-tax person
- Ability to multi-task and complete assignments within required time constraints and deadlines.
- Position must be able to identify and interact with various contacts to resolve issues
- Position must be able to resolve problems in a Matrix environment
- Position must be able to identify, evaluate, and resolve complex issues related to tax processes
- Ability to operate with a Global mindset.
At S&P Global, we don't give you intelligence-we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We're the world's foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include S&P Global Ratings, S&P Global Market Intelligence, S&P Dow Jones Indices and S&P Global Platts. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com