A top-tier institutional asset management firm in midtown Manhattan is currently looking to hire a Senior Responsible Investment / ESG Specialist with 5 – 10+ years of ESG experience within the investment management industry.
- Be part of a global team of Responsible Investment and Governance (GRIG) experts that guard the implementation of the Responsible Investment Policy, on behalf of fund clients, across all asset classes in the portfolio. Driven to make a difference for a more sustainable world through investing, the RIG Specialist will understand the inherent sustainability and governance risks and opportunities.
- Working closely with the portfolio management, risk and other teams, the RIG Specialist will implement and continue to advance the firm’s approach to responsible investing in private markets, especially Infrastructure and Natural Resources next to Real Estate. This encompasses due diligence for investments, manager and market engagement, as well as data analytics.
- Work closely with private market RI colleagues in Europe and Asia as part of a global team. Being based in the NY office and working with the Infrastructure, Natural Resources and Real Estate Americas teams, the RIG Specialist will ensure a close and ongoing cooperation to ensure global alignment with the implementation of the Responsible Investment guidelines.
- In addition to working with investment teams, the RIG Specialist will also represent the firm externally and engage with the market. The firm is a founding member of GRESB and GRESB INFRA and is keen to strengthen this initiative and further expand the signatory base.
- With a strong team ethos, the RIG Specialist is expected to contribute to RI team performance and take on other responsibilities with a particular focus on helping to drive the digitalization overlay for the RI private markets agenda. This will involve close alignment with the global IT teams (ie., working on a digital global platform to assess and monitor the ESG performance of our investments).
- 5 - 10+ years of ESG experience within the investment management industry.
- Intrinsically motivated to work on sustainability and governance issues within an investment environment.
- Understanding of how environmental and social issues pose risks to investments.
- Fluency in English is essential. Spanish would be a bonus.