Senior FinTech Business Strategist - Aladdin Product Group
- Not Specified
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 13 Feb 19
About BlackRock BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $5.98 trillion in assets on
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $5.98 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
At the heart of BlackRock, is the Aladdin Product Group (APG), the team responsible for designing, building and operating Aladdin, BlackRock’s investment and operating technology platform. Being a member of the Aladdin Product Group means working with the industry’s thought leaders to build innovative and next generation products that shape the financial markets. We are 1,400 strong and we eat, live and breathe tech. We partner with our end users to deeply understand their business strategy and build technology to help them get there. We think big about new opportunities and ways technology can change the financial services ecosystem.
Join us and play a critical role in shaping the future of FinTech. Our COO team works closely with senior leaders to define our technology, business and talent strategy. Our team focuses on sharpening execution, accountability and data-driven decision making. You will establish objectives, focus areas, action plans and build the bridge between current and future state. You will frame and analyze complex problems, develop recommendations and partner across the firm to drive implementation.
This means that the successful candidate will have a critical seat in driving Aladdin and BlackRock forward for our next 30 years. You will fall in love with the culture, be excited by the challenge, and be an inspiration to your team to get things done.
Key responsibilities include:
- Define and drive business strategy to run APG like a business
- Influence our operating model and culture, including creating KPIs and holding the organization accountable
- Facilitate strategic planning across APG, working closely with APG’s Aladdin Product Management team and key business leads
- Manage relationship development internally and externally and bring sharp focus to APG/technology within BlackRock
- Act as a key partner with HR and senior APG leadership to facilitate organizational enhancements to drive success across the business
- Manage the program of work for accelerating technology thought leadership inside BlackRock and through external forums in the marketplace
- Connect externally and share “outside-in” perspectives
- Formulate data-driven business intelligence and fin-tech industry insights for strategic planning
Qualified candidates must demonstrate the following qualities:
- 8+ years of professional experience which includes leveraging data and insights to create strategy and operationalize solutions
- Proven experience influencing senior stake holders to execute new business strategy projects and initiatives through different phases
- Ability to partner with senior management and business heads to identify opportunities and shape objectives
- Experience using analytics and a data-driven approaches to create solutions and planning
- Strong passion for technology
- Ability to synthesize and distill complex concepts and information into clear, concise action plans
- Ability to work with ambiguity
- Facility with various communication methods including Prezi, Ted Talks, MeetUps, PowerPoint and memos
- Strong collaborator, ability to work cross-functionally
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.