Senior Finance Analyst, Financial Markets
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 15 Jul 18 2018-07-15
Senior Finance Analyst, Financial Markets
The Role: Senior Finance Analyst, Financial Markets
The Location: New York, NY
The Team: The finance team is responsible for financial planning and analysis related to budgeting, forecasting and partnering with all other functions of the business. The team values collaboration and the ability to think critically while problem solving. The role reports to the Finance Manager.
The Impact: This role will provide support to both finance and commercial sales teams. The analyst will provide support and analysis for the month end close and ongoing forecasting as well as market analysis in support of our ETF, OTC, Derivative and Custom products. This role will contribute value added analysis while supporting the finance team's strategic positioning within the company.
What's in it for you:
- High exposure to the commercial sales team as well as exposure to the ETF landscape and its analytics
- Contribute to and influence decision making related to the growth strategy of the business
- Opportunity to enhance current processes and create efficiencies related to reporting and analysis
- The role has a multitude of responsibilities and will gain experience in many functional areas of finance
- Key contributor to the month end close, annual budgeting, and monthly forecasting processes
- Partner with the commercial sales team by understanding various complex products and providing actionable solutions related to client inquiries and insight into contract renegotiation and disputes
- Create and update models relating to market analysis about ETF's and OTC Derivatives
- Conduct research and synthesize large quantities of data into actionable analysis for management
- Provide in depth revenue analysis for various products and their impact on the bottom line
- Understand and apply best practices related to revenue recognition and integrity
- Strong communication skills including the ability to effectively collaborate at various levels across the company
- Possesses strong critical thinking and problem solving ability
- Strong Excel and data manipulation skill set
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and see projects through to successful completion
- Works well both independently and as part of a team
- 2 years plus of experience related to financial planning and analysis, public accounting, asset management or economic / commercial mindset preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field preferred
- Demonstrated interested in financial markets and securities trading
- Candidates Interested in pursuing their MBA or CFA
About S&P Dow Jones Indices
At S&P Dow Jones Indices, our role can be described in one word: essential. We're the largest global resource for index-based concepts, data and research, and home to iconic financial market indicators, such as the S&P 500® and the Dow Jones Industrial Average®. More assets are invested in products based upon our indices than any other index provider in the world; with over 1,000,000 indices, S&P Dow Jones Indices defines the way people measure and trade the markets. We provide essential intelligence that helps investors identify and capitalize on global opportunities.
S&P Dow Jones Indices is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spdji.com.
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.