- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 Sep 17
Senior Financial Analyst - Investor Relations
Location: New York, NY, USA
- Participate in the preparation of materials for Moody's quarterly earnings releases and Board meetings, non-deal roadshows, and industry conferences attended by investors and Moody's senior management
- Collaborate with Moody's business planning and corporate controller teams to verify financial data and trends. Assist other investor relations team members in responding to investors' questions and information requests
- Contribute to content preparation and logistics management for Moody's Investor Day events
- Distribute equity analyst reports to Moody's management. Assist in tracking and analyzing Wall Street analysts' earnings and valuation models
- Track shareholder ownership and assist with maintenance of investor relations' contact dat abase
- Attend investor meetings with senior management as requested
- Support content updates to Moody's investor relations website
- Develop and maintain expertise on Moody's businesses, debt issuance, and capital market activities through review of internal and external sources, discussions with management and other employees
- Monitor and analyze announcements, earnings calls, attendance at conferences, financial results, and other market events for the information services industry
The Senior Financial Analyst-Investor Relations is part of the team that represents Moody's business performance and prospects to the investment community. This role has substantial contact with current and potential shareholders and bondholders, equity research analysts and Moody's senior management, and will gain exposure to all areas of Moody's.
- BA/BS degree required. CPA, CFA and/or MBA a plus
- 5 years of business experience, with demonstrated expertise in a finance function or prior investor relations experience. Knowledge of information services industry and/or capital markets a plus
- Excellent quantitative and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Demonstrated initiative and appetite for learning and professional development
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork and organizational skills, ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities
- Professional demeanor and integrity. Must be able to manage sensitive information in confidence and with discretion
- Strong PC skills, especially MS PowerPoint and Excel, and ability to adapt to other technologies as required
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.