Senior Full-Stack Developer
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley USA
- 14 Nov 18
Senior Full-Stack Developer
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modeling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses' and to our own.
Candidate for this position should be able to understand and convert key business problems into technology solutions that are feasible, maintainable and efficient. We focus on solving the problem and not to be tied down by technology choices - it is extremely important that you are open to learn & work with technologies that are new to you.
MS Investment Management (IMIT) Technology
Morgan Stanley Investment Management (IMIT) Technology exclusively partners with the Morgan Stanley Investment Management (MSIM) business division to design and develop systems and integrate vendor products to globally support full life cycle business processing. Activities include Portfolio Analysis, Risk, Trading, Operations, and Sales & Marketing. Morgan Stanley Investment Management (MSIM) Technology also provides holistic support and quality assurance across the suite of applications used in the MSIM environment.
Strong interpersonal skills and team spirit is required in addition to proficiency in verbal and written business communications. This job demands strong work ethic and ability to handle multiple priorities. We support what we build - you will be responsible for ensuring quality production deployment as well as support procedures & oversight. It is very important that candidate is self-motivated and can run independently with minimal supervision.
We are looking for a passionate technologist who's ready to learn & experiment with a wide range of technologies. Ideal candidate will have:
- At least 5+ years experience with Core Java
- Strong problem solving skills with ability to analyze and understand data.
- Strong programming fundamentals.
- Hands-on experience with Java or/and .NET. Should be able to demonstrate clear understanding of OOPs in practice.
- Hands-on experience with SQL.
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux, shell-scripting.
- Ability to forge strong relationships and coordinate effectively with multiple parties.
- Experience coordinating initiatives across groups is plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Ability to work in a virtual or global team.
- Self-starter and ability to multi task with a -can do- attitude.
- Experience with scripting languages like Python is plus.
- Experience with creating add-ins for Office tools and in general manipulating programmatically office documents is a plus.