Senior Full-Stack (Java and Angular) Developer
Clearing, Markets & Issuer Services Technology (CMIST)
is responsible for application development and support for critical business systems including Repo Edge (collateral management), Enterprise Payment Hub (multi-currency payment processing), and Broker Dealer Clearance (securities clearing), along with approximately 350 other applications used by the following high-priority business services and their clients. Clearance and Collateral Technology (CCT)
within CMIST builds clearance and collateral management platforms to service BNY Mellon's broker-dealer clients and is the sole provider for Government Securities Clearing Services. Considering the core nature of the business and the dominant market share, high-performance and resiliency are key pillars of the technology architecture. The group is currently focused on Repo Modernization, which will pave the way to the Future of Collateral for the business - providing strengthened platform resiliency and new trade capabilities within a unified system. All CCT applications are built for real-time operations aided by a data warehouse for reporting and business insights.
Selected candidate will be responsible to work in a small team of 8-10 developers and work on some of the core frameworks for Clearance and Collateral Management systems
through tools that needs to be designed and developed.
- The candidate will interface with other technical teams, product, clearance and triparty operations.
- As a member of the team should be proactively engaged with business stake holders and as needed suggest changes to business process workflow to increase efficiencies and reduce costs
- The candidate should display passion and show interest in financial clearance & collateral management systems.
- The candidate should be open for ideas and ready to receive feedback and at the same time come up with innovative proposals to solve business problems
- The candidate should be able to work in a high performing & high demand environment
- Provide superior software development services in a fast-paced and innovative working environment.
- Work with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements.
- Analyze information and provide recommendations to address and resolve business and technical issues. Actively participate in team discussions, provide guidance and expert opinion on the subject matter.
- Coordinate coding, unit testing, implementation and documentation of solution.
- Ensure that expected application performance levels are achieved.
- Comply with BNY Mellon's standard development methodology
- May allocate/ coordinate work within a team/project.
- May be responsible for requirements gathering and BRD/FSD preparation.
Preferred skills and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required
- 10-14 years of experience in software development required - proficiency in Java and Front-End UI Technologies
- Strong experience with AngularJS and Angular (recent versions highly preferred)
- Experience in Spring Framework, Hibernate and proficiency with Spring Boot
- Extensive hands-on knowledge of XML, XSD, XSLT and JSON
- Solid coding and troubleshooting experience on Web Services and RESTful API
- Strong Oracle based SQL skills
- Familiar with SDLC, DevOps processes - CI/CD tools, Git, etc.
- Good Understanding of Messaging frameworks like ActiveMQ, IBM MQ
- Good understanding of monitoring tools like AppD, Splunk
- Knowledge of Scrum and XP methodologies and ability to work in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to learn and pick up new skills and to perform with minimal management supervision
- Strong Communication Skills
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Knowledge in Data Warehousing is a big plus.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Clearing Markets ISS Svcs Tech-HR16624 Requisition Number: