Senior Full Stack Engineer - Media Connect Applications
Media Connect team specializes in providing Real Time Multimedia Solutions for Bloomberg Professional Services and beyond. Our team builds end to end Real Time Communication Tools and Workflows. Our product portfolio includes Media Connect Platform and a suite of Media Applications.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Senior Software Engineer to join our team to contribute to building our rich suite of Real Time Applications. Your main focus will be the development and deployment of both front end and back end infrastructure and applications. This work demands close collaboration with multiple partners such as Product, UX design, VX, Network, and other engineering teams.
There is a lot of opportunity to research, innovate and think creatively. This is a phenomenal opportunity because of the visibility and impact of this product. Project Responsibilities:
- Develop and enhance real-time applications
- Design Scalable and Reliable Backend Infrastructure
- Research Innovative ways to Serve Client Requirements with Real time media
What's in it for you?
- Opportunity to innovate and contribute to building and extending Real time Applications and Infrastructure
- Ability to work on High Impact and Challenging problems in building Media Infrastructure
- Opportunity to be a part of a select few teams responsible for Multimedia and Real Time Communication on the Bloomberg Terminal
- Contribute to open source
You will need to have:
- 3+ years of experience with C++ programming
- Experience with network and data transfer protocols
- Strong problem solving and design skills
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technology field
We would love to see:
- Experience working with WebRTC or similar video conferencing frameworks
- Experience with media formats (MP4, WebM), codecs (VP8, VP9, Opus) and video conferencing protocols/standards
- Any open source contributions
- Experience with Mobile Media stack
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.