Senior Group Manager, Quality Engineering/Testing General Manager
- Senior Principal Quality Engineer will help create scalable and extensible solutions for major Quality Engineering challenges across Global Custody and Cash (GCCS, a department of Asset Servicing Technology) and the Enterprise.
- This role will serve as a quality/testing general manager for GCCS, including oversight of test automation (mainframe and distributed), performance testing (primarily distributed), test environment management (mainframe and distributed), testing metrics/analytics/reporting and liaison with business/operations functional and acceptance testing efforts.
- Will help improve the Quality & Productivity of the engineering community by questioning the traditional way of working and implementing innovative solutions that help solve such challenges at scale.
- Will adhere to best practices and also promote the same across the engineering community enabling consistency of Automation Tools and Practices being adopted.
- Will lead multiple teams of Specialist Quality Engineers on multiple Automation initiatives at the same time to deliver results that further accelerate the Transformation efforts on multiple fronts.
- Will constantly monitor the technology landscape and adopt and integrate new technologies into the BNY Mellon Ecosystem.
- Leads and Manages a team of exceptional Quality Engineers and Senior Quality Engineers on Multiple Initiatives.
- Constantly Monitors the progress, resolves blockers and reports progress to Senior QE Leadership, application managers and operations/business constituents (as needed).
- Mentors QE Engineers to improve their skills and improves their productivity.
- Helps Department Leadership in the Budget Estimation Process by providing useful insights into the future needs of the teams.
- Constantly monitors the technology landscape to adopt and integrate new technologies into the BNY Mellon Ecosystem.
- Solves highly Complex Automation Challenges spanning multiple technologies in a scalable & extensible manner with least amount of maintenance in a short span of time.
- Continuously improves the Efficiency of the Automation using innovative technologies & thought process.
- Drives multiple such initiatives.
- Promotes and Implements the Shift Left Approach in close collaboration with the Application Development Teams under Agile and traditional software development methodologies.
- Resolves any technical or cultural blockers in adopting this new approach.
- Plays a key role in training and bridging the specific skill gaps across the Quality Engineering Domain.
- Strategizes & Formulates a Plan for Continuous Testing, Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery adoption across multiple applications from different lines of business and business services.
- Makes sure that best practices are adopted.
- Also builds solutions that will cater to the varying needs of the Bank which are scalable and extensible.
- Contributes to the achievement of Quality Engineering Domain Objectives.
- Manages multiple teams across business segments responsible for the definition, planning and management of Quality Engineering efforts for multiple areas. Responsible for defining the overall methodology of multiple Quality Engineering projects and teams.
Manages overall Quality Engineering efforts across multiple product sets. Leads and oversees quality assurance and testing projects, budgets, resourcing, etc. Provides innovative direction and guidance on reports, communications, and training materials and ensures recommendations are aligned with customer/organization needs and capabilities. Implements and contributes to defining the approach and process for monitoring software and systems defects across all applications. Solves Complex Automation Challenges spanning multiple technologies in a scalable & extensible manner with least amount of maintenance. Implements strategic procedures and policies when selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Recruits, directs, motivates, and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team. Manages multiple Quality Engineering teams Qualifications
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree preferred 12+ years of experience in a systems quality environment required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
- Has direct experience (preferred) or familiarity (required) with mainframe test automation (via API-driven messaging) and distributed test automation (Selenium, Cucumber/Gherkin).
- Has experience in Financial Services (mandatory) and/or Securities/Asset Servicing (preferred).
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Asset Servicing Technology-HR07302 Requisition Number: