Senior IT Audit Manager - Los Angeles, CA
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- Oakwood Search
- 06 Mar 18 2018-03-06
Description: The VP, IT Audit Manager reports directly to the SVP, Chief Internal Auditor. Assists in preparing the annual risk assessment and developing the annual internal audit plan. Has primary responsibility for managing IT audits although also manages non-IT audits. Provides day-to-day supervision and guidance to the IT and non-IT audit staff. Manages audit projects and routinely interacts with senior and executive management. Performs complex audits, as needed.
- Has primary responsibility for developing the annual IT Audit Plan and the IT portion of the annual IA Risk Assessment. He/she may be asked to contribute to the development of the non-IT portion of the Audit Plan and Risk Assessment.
- Executes the approved annual audit plan including scheduling, project management, workpaper review, coordinating with auditees, and report review. Audits should be risk-based and include robust audit planning and applicable audit techniques.
- Submits timely and objective draft audit reports to the Chief Internal Auditor for review. Such reports should be concise, fair, accurate and well written, and contain strong recommendations to strengthen internal controls and to comply with established Bank policies, procedures and applicable laws and regulations.
- Provides Information Technology and Information Security expertise for the Internal Audit Department.
- Plans and performs robust risk-based audits, as assigned.
- Helps to hire and has primary responsibility to supervise and develop IT staff. Also shares responsibility with the VP, Internal Audit Manager to supervise and develop non-IT staff.
- Expected to provide leadership and support department management in creating, building, and maintaining strong team dynamics.
- Oversees follow-up activities performed by the AICs to evaluate the sufficiency and timeliness of management responses and corrective action taken in response to audit recommendations.
- Assists with preparation of Audit Committee packages. Attends Audit Committee meetings and takes meeting minutes as assigned.
- Manages business unit relationships to maintain an awareness of changes to business risk profiles, and to educate and promote audit client’s awareness of controls and accountability.
- As directed by the Chief Internal Auditor, guides the activities of the Internal Audit Department consistent with the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing adopted by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Maintains sufficient knowledge of IT audit and the Bank’s operations and applicable laws and regulations.
- Maintains technical competence especially as it relates to IT audit and technology/information security through continuing education.
- BA/BS in IT, accounting, business, finance or related field preferred.
- At least 10 years related work experience, including at least 5 years of internal or external audit supervisory/management experience with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Hold a professional certification such as CISA or CISSP.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills as well as strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to deal effectively with all levels of management and staff.
- Strong organizational and supervisory skills necessary to motivate, develop, train, and supervise audit staff.
- Broad understanding of internal controls and risk management.
- Strong IT knowledge and IT audit skills.
- Comprehensive understanding of risk-based auditing and audit techniques.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Must be a team player.
- Ability to perform assigned duties with minimum supervision.
- Ability to travel, including occasional overnight and overseas assignments.
- It is the individual responsibility of every employee to maintain a current awareness and understanding of appropriate banking laws, regulations, internal policies and procedures, and to comply fully with those laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- From time to time, employees may be assigned tasks or duties as deemed appropriate by their supervisors.