Senior Index Manager Fixed Income
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 16 Oct 18
Senior Index Manager Fixed Income
The Role: Senior Index Manager, Fixed Income
The Location: New York, NY
The Team: The team is responsible for the management of S&P DJI's global family of fixed income indices. We manage, produce and disseminate our products to best serve clients who track portfolios measured against indices across the globe. With teams in New York, Asia and Latin America, we operate globally, functioning as a single unit responsible for the integrity and accuracy of our branded indices.
The Impact: As the Senior Index Manager, you are responsible for the all daily aspects of a family of indices. The candidate will lead projects and coordinate with other global stakeholders for daily production and management of fixed income indices.
- Perform and coordinate daily calculations across the fixed income team, rebalances, and maintenance of new and existing indices in a proprietary index calculation platform. Generating and disseminate index values and attributes. Ensure accurate day-end calculation of each assigned index and timely distribution and dissemination to clients.
- Serve as a subject matter expert by answering questions about changes in the index and client data requests and proactively communicating any major issues.
- Understand complex index methodology to ensure that calculation and attributes correspond to the stated methodology. Oversee new index methodology and application to achieve its stated objectives.
- Establish, execute and coordinate operational procedures and enhancements for the fixed income group, leading to operational efficiencies while maintaining best practices for quality assurance, independence and objectivity.
- Partner with technology and production support to further enhance our system capabilities and accommodate business growth. Perform User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Manage and maintain relationships with key members of other groups within S&P Index Services, across other S&P departments, particularly IT.
- Take ownership and manage multiple projects and deadlines. The projects may involve; requirements gathering, analysis, compiling data, creating and updating documentation
- Clearly communicate to a variety of both internal and external stakeholders
- Participate in the new product process, testing new indices, contributing to methodology documents and ensuring a smooth roll-out into production
- Learn S&P DJI's proprietary index calculation engines
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- At least 3+ years professional experience working with fixed income indexes either at a service provider or direct user at a bank or fund manager
- Experience partnering with IT for new projects and synergies: knowledge of VBA, SQL or other programing/database applications as they relate to the IT framework a plus
- Proven experience working with complex databases and financial models.
- A demonstrable understanding of global financial markets, experience dealing with customers in a demanding environment
- Excellent analytical capabilities working with large data sets, to aid in solving non-routine problems in a timely fashion with keen attention to detail
- Superior computer skills in Excel, Word, Access and related applications.
- Advanced degree in business finance, accounting, economics, math, statistics, or engineering strongly preferred
- Strong desire to work in fixed income for the leading index provider
- CFA or progress toward CFA and or CIPM a plus
- Experience working with a team locally and staying in close communication with international teams.
- Ability to work independently, maximizing efforts to ensure efficiency, accuracy & on-time delivery while taking on new initiatives
- Experience with S&P Capital IQ, Thomson Reuters Eikon, FactSet, BondEdge, Yield Book, FINCAD or other fixed income financial applications a strong plus
About S&P Dow Jones Indices
At S&P Dow Jones Indices, our role can be described in one word: essential. We're the largest global resource for index-based concepts, data and research, and home to iconic financial market indicators, such as the S&P 500® and the Dow Jones Industrial Average®. More assets are invested in products based upon our indices than any other index provider in the world; with over 1,000,000 indices, S&P Dow Jones Indices defines the way people measure and trade the markets. We provide essential intelligence that helps investors identify and capitalize on global opportunities.
S&P Dow Jones Indices is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spdji.com .
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law
Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.