Senior Information Security Associate – WPO – Financial Services Group
At the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, the work we do is consequential and challenging. Our environment encourages growth and diversity. Our employees flourish in a team-oriented atmosphere and are dedicated to the important mission of the New York Fed. What we do:
The Wholesale Product Office (WPO) has oversight responsibilities for the Fedwire Funds, Fedwire Securities, and National Settlement Services. The activities of the product office are done on behalf of all twelve Reserve Banks.
In this oversight role, the WPO sets the strategic direction for these services, coordinates projects impacting the services and their customers, and ensures that resiliency and performance targets are met.
Our goal in offering these services is to foster the integrity, efficiency, and accessibility of U.S. wholesale payments and settlement systems in support of domestic financial stability and economic growth in a global context. Your role as a Senior Information Security Associate:
Works from a unique vantage point that provides exposure to senior leaders within the New York Fed, the Board of Governors, other Reserve Banks, and the US Treasury’s Bureau of Fiscal Service.
The primary responsibility of this individual is to develop and continually evolve strategies to strengthen the resiliency and security posture of the wholesale services. The Senior Information Security Associate will have the opportunity to design and oversee implementation of solutions, both technical and non-technical, that will improve the ability of the wholesale services to anticipate and withstand cyber and information security attacks and other disruptions (e.g., natural disasters, terrorism, human errors) to minimize impacts on customers and financial markets. Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Qualifications: What we are looking for:
- Provide broad perspective and thought leadership to develop and implement key strategies and critical business priorities at an organizational and System level.
- Assist in creating, standardizing, documenting, and executing plans and procedures related to cyber and information security.
- Develop and maintain detailed metrics on information security.
- Support, and execute Wholesale Services and FRBNY critical cyber and information security objectives.
- Partner with senior IT and business leaders regarding policies and procedures, and provides counsel in functional area. Act as an advocate for best practices.
- Communicate effectively across a wide group of people. Clearly articulate ideas with specific insights and recommendations given as appropriate.
- Perform other duties as required. Follow all Federal Reserve policies, procedures, and consistently demonstrates sound judgment.
- Represent the business in the contextualization of cyber and information security findings, lead multiple stakeholder groups in the development of remediation plan and milestones.
- Author cyber and information security finding risk acceptances and remediation plans with clear milestones, articulate the risk with a business lens, and seeks stakeholder approval of plans.
Why the Fed:
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable disciplines or the equivalent is required. Master’s degree preferred.
- ISC2 CISSP certification or the ability to obtain certification within 6 months of hire is required.
- Strong and inspirational leadership skills and ability to effectively manage high performing staff.
- A minimum of five years of experience with information security architecture teams on projects similar to the size, scope, and complexity of product level environments.
- A minimum four years of experience working with security requirements, developing and enhancing the security risk posture, and analysis and reporting of IT security metrics.
- A minimum of four years of experience in security policy and emerging cyber and information security technologies.
- Experience developing cyber and/or information security solutions across a diverse and heterogeneous IT environment.
- Demonstrated experience in security solution design using existing and emerging technologies to achieve enterprise solutions.
- Experience with industry standard architecture frameworks.
- Understanding of FedRAMP requirements and NIST security standards.
- Financial Services or Payment experience is desired.
Working at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York positions you at the center of the financial world with a unique perspective on national and international markets and economies. You'll work in an environment with a diverse group of talented professionals to foster and support the safety, soundness, and vitality of our economic and financial systems. It's a challenge that demands the skills of a financial services professional and the intellectual curiosity of an academic—all combined with a passion for public service. Screening Requirement: This position has additional screening requirements due to the information accessed while performing the job. These additional screenings would be initiated at the time of offer acceptance and can take a couple of months to be completed. You can begin work before the screening is completed; however, continued employment is contingent on acceptable screening results. The screening areas such as education/employment verification, criminal history, credit history, and reaches out to your references and people that know you well. The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is committed to a diverse workforce and to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service.
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is committed to a work environment that respects and fully values the strengths and differences of its people. Working at the New York Fed provides talented professionals the chance to grow their skills at an institution that has served a critical role in the financial system of the United States and the world for over a century. An important component of the Bank’s diversity effort is our partnership with several professional non-profit organizations, including INROADS, JumpStart Advisory Group, NBDC Emerging Leaders, Seizing Every Opportunity, National Black MBA, Out for Undergrad, Prospanica and Reaching Out MBA. Click
here to learn more .