Senior Internal Auditor
- Open depending on level of seniority
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- BSM Group
- 04 Sep 17
BSM Group are representing a client seeking Senior Internal Auditor with roles available in: NYC, Charlotte, Chicago, Raleigh, D.C., Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and Cleveland.
• Conducts execution of internal audit plan by leading or conducting financial, compliance or operational audit projects including the examination and evaluation of the adequacy of internal controls.
• Executes audit scope, objectives, and work plans. Performs testing of key controls and documents results.
• Executes procedures supporting external audit of internal controls, business processes, and account balances.
• Presents audit findings to audit management for the development of reports and recommendations.
• Develops and maintains productive client and team relationships through individual contacts and group meetings.
• Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
• Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
• Knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts, tools, and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
• Knowledge of business process improvement tools and techniques and ability to understand, monitor, update, or enhance existing business or work processes.
• Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
• Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.
• Understanding of the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.
• Knowledge of organization's internal audit processes, practices and methods.
• Knowledge of and ability to create, implement, evaluate and enhance processes in internal controls.
• Knowledge of and ability to utilize tools, techniques and processes for gathering and reporting data in a particular department or division of a company.
• Minimum of 3 years of Audit experience
• Financial Institution Anti-Money Laundering experience – CAMS certified desirable
• Proven ability to successfully perform audit testing with discretion and independent judgment.
• Demonstrated knowledge of accounting and/or finance principles and auditing techniques
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
• Professional certification or advanced degree is desired
If you require any more information please contact Gregory Pallay: firstname.lastname@example.org or (646) 618 8862