Senior Investment Writer – Retail Focused
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- Vontobel Asset Management, Inc.
- 30 May 18 2018-05-30
The candidate should possess the skill and expertise to conceptualize and author a range of investment-related materials targeted at the wholesale audience in both the US and non-U.S. markets. The candidate will liaise with marketing, sales, portfolio managers, research analysts, senior portfolio advisors, compliance, analytics and others to develop materials that promote Vontobel’s products to the wholesale audience and that are consistent with the investment team’s philosophy. The Senior Investment Content Writer (Retail Focused) will report to the Head of Investment Communications and liaise closely with the Head of Senior Portfolio Advisers.
Vontobel Asset Management, Inc. is a global investment management firm dedicated exclusively to managing long-only global equity portfolios. Established in 1984, Vontobel serves both institutional and intermediary clients including some of the world’s leading corporations, public and private pension funds. Vontobel is a wholly owned subsidiary of Vontobel Holding AG and a sister company of Bank Vontobel AG, one of Switzerland’s foremost and financially stable private banks for more than ninety years. Vontobel’s investment expertise is rooted in its passion for active asset management. We believe the Firm has built a successful track record by taking a common sense investment approach: seek high quality growth at sensible prices to generate consistently attractive risk-adjusted long-term performance with less than benchmark risk.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Generate original and creative investment content that will resonate with a global wholesale audience
- Materials will communicate a marketing story, be succinct, creative and data driven
- Identify trends and ideas for thought-provoking, topical, timely and market-centric content
- Distil complex concepts and messages from the firm’s institutional content into a narrative/graphical story that can be easily understood by retail investors
- Produce print and digital content that will promote the firm’s 6 investment strategies and reflect its high quality growth fundamental investment philosophy and approach.
- Generate and analyze competitive analysis on Vontobel’s products and assess portfolio and industry characteristics and translate into strategy competitive advantages and marketing story
- Participate in team research meetings and understand the Portfolio Managers style in order to develop investment themes that lead to distinct retail content
- Work closely with SPA team to understand regional retail content needs and deliver “creative hooks” that will directly support regional sales efforts
- Support content needs for potential blogs supporting global sales & PR efforts
- Generate quarterly, monthly, annual and ad hoc commentaries for existing fund clients and manage distribution process. Commentaries include market review, attribution, and buys and sells
- Work with global marketing team to support multi-media product campaigns that include written and digital content, social media and video scripts
- Support sales team with key messaging summary on market and portfolio updates as needed
- Work with compliance/legal to ensure content is compliant with applicable regulations
- Brainstorm new ways to improve internal flow of information/knowledge-sharing; develop retail content style guide
- Provide superior quality control and assure that information provided to clients on behalf of Vontobel is accurate, up to date and compliant; Adhere to firm branding guidelines and visual standards across print and digital materials.
- Self starter, understanding of equity markets and fundamental evaluation metrics
- Candidate should have experience with all relevant databases and software programs, Morningstar, Evestment, FactSet, Bloomberg etc.
- Flexibility to handle multiple tasks and pitch in to help team when necessary
- Industry writing experience min. of 5 years; College Degree, MBA, CFA (not required)
Vontobel is an equal opportunity employer. Interested candidates should send an email and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org