Senior Java Developer
- $150-$250K DOE
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Adaptive Financial Consulting
- 18 Oct 18
We are Adaptive, a successful and growing financial software company with four offices globally. Our New York office is looking for a senior Java developer to join our team and work on greenfield projects, including one to develop a cryptocurrency exchange. This is an exciting project that will have a high public profile.
Want great work, interesting tech but no politics?
Want to work somewhere where productivity trumps presenteeism?
You've found the right place. We are Adaptive, a growing software consultancy where you’ll use the latest technology to design, build and operate bespoke, real-time, front-to-back solutions for tier-one investment banks, commodity trading firms, fintechs and other financial companies using the latest technology, in teams where innovation and collaboration are the backbones of our success.
You’ll be leading the development of a crypto-currency exchange and future projects will include building information distribution applications, such as scalable and flexible electronic trading systems, real-time workflow applications, and e-commerce web-based platforms. Our projects range from POC’s that take a few weeks, to multi-year, large-scale e-commerce applications.
Required skills and experience:
- Significant, professional server-side software development experience
- Familiarity with Spring Boot and the websocket and FIX protocols are desirable
- Solid experience in object-oriented programming in Java. Java 8 required; Java 9/10 exposure is a plus
- General knowledge of data injection/inversion of control
- Passionate about building distributed, scalable, reliable, and low latency services
- Even-tempered and able to remain focused on solving production issues when they arise
- Experience working in an Agile environment (Scrum, Kanban)BSc/MSc in Computer Science or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills
- Language: English (fluent)
- Must be able to work for any US employer
- Experience working with distributed teams
What we offer in return:
- No politics
- No cumbersome hierarchy: our teams feel free to speak up, to make suggestions and raise concerns
- Collaborative team environment: we all work together, respect each other and pitch in
- Smart, welcoming and motivated colleagues
- Good work/life balance
Some of our success stories include:
An app store that allows users to browse available apps and install to their desktop without Administrator rights. The system provides an auto-update mechanism and also captures usage statistics
Adaptive brought our experience in large-scale e-commerce platforms to quickly specify and agree an architecture with the client. The design enabled rapid development in the short term but also granted flexibility and agility in the long term.
Please note that the successful candidate will need to have a background check due to the kind of projects we work on.
Find out more about us at weareadaptive.com.