Senior Java Engineer - Bloomberg Law (Contract)
Bloomberg is changing the government and legal tech sector by delivering the most sophisticated research platforms on the market with a focus on automation, analytics and real-time answers. Our goal is to become an indispensable tool for our clients by supporting their day-to-day tasks and providing solutions that help them get real-time answers and better serve their companies.
This consultant role will be a member of our engineering team to help develop complex workflows in code, build robust microservices backed by data stores, build tools to transform data in a fast-evolving environment, and scale distributed architectures to handle massive data pipelines. You'll need to have:
We'd love to see:
- 5+ years of Core Java or JVM based language experience
- 3+ years of experience with relational databases, SQL
- Solid understanding of Data Structures, Algorithms & Object-Oriented design concepts
- Experience with multi-threaded and distributed systems
- Working with AWS and building infrastructure using Cloudformation/Terraform
- Experience with Apache Solr, Lucene, or Elasticsearch.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.