- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Senior Linux Engineer
Location: New York, NY, USA
- Creates a vision that connects engineering strategies to the big picture and sets action plans accordingly
- Displays forward thinking and resourcefulness
- Exhibits technical proficiency and innovations
- Partners with application development and infrastructure teams to align leading edge and leveraging strategies.
- Work with Security team to ensure system configurations are in compliance with security policies and controls standards.
- Create technology efficiency and new capabilities through the use of automation
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and drive clarity and actions
- Ability to summarize complex technical and business issues to the appropriate audience
- Ability to work with a variety of development environments and platforms
- Ability to participate in teams across organizations to solve business and technical issues
- Ability to successfully multi-task and prioritize work
- Provide end to end ownership of technology products that includes complete lifecycle
- Propose and implement medium to large scale system deployment (hardware, OS and cloud platforms)
- Support new and existing deployments through the analysis of metrics, logs, system alarms etc… to troubleshoot problems and perform preventative maintenance on the various products.
- Create new tools and automation of existing ones to improve efficiency of product maintenance
- Analyzes, acquires, installs, modifies and supports operating systems.
- Conducts highly complex systems automation/scripting and systems support activities, including system integration and monitoring.
- Create design documentation for new products and procedures.
- Maintain existing documentation of systems processes and procedures.
- Facilitate outage restoration calls to access application impact, notify the business, and restore system issues.
- Responsible to document issue summary, provide root cause analysis, and implement remediation actions.
- Work closely with L3 and L2 support groups to develop, plan, and implement system enhancements and upgrades.
- Be available for L3 escalation requests.
Moody's Information Technology ("MIT") is the largest department of Moody's Shared Services and provides end-to-end technology solutions for Moody's Investors Service and Moody's Shared Services, as well as infrastructure services for Moody's Analytics. The development and ongoing support of key ratings and enterprise systems ensure the company's premier standing among credit rating agencies and enable its evolution among regulatory and business demands. MIT continuously seeks talented individuals to drive the execution of its technology roadmap, which offers exciting career opportunities in software development, project management, business analysis, enterprise architecture, quality assurance, vendor management, technology operations and service management.
Join the Engineering & Platform Support team and you'll work at the highest systems level to provide expert advice and counsel to users, management and IT project teams for systems of the most complex nature (typically crossing function/location lines). Evaluate new technologies and develop departmental standard practices. Recognized as technical expert within the department and demonstrate the ability to provide leadership and guidance to technical and non-technical associates. Identify or react to problems related to the technology infrastructure or in support of the software development process. Demonstrate a broad knowledge level across multiple areas of information technology. May be involved as a key team member on strategic or enterprise-wide technology issues.
- BS/BA, (Education may be substituted for increased years in experience on a year-for-year basis).
- Minimum 5+ years of experience working with enterprise Linux environments scaling beyond 2000+ systems.
- Extensive knowledge with enterprise Server Operating Systems such as RHEL 6/7, CentOS, and Ubuntu.
- Extensive knowledge of enterprise deployment strategies for server OS.
- Experience and understanding of OS lifecycle management and secure system configurations.
- Experience with patch management tools.
- Experience with AWS Cloud and Azure offerings.
- Experience working with both standalone and blade server technologies.
- Extensive knowledge of virtualization technologies.
- Experience with performance tuning and troubleshooting server OS issues (CPU, Memory and I/O).
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet.
- Ability to automate common and repeatable tasks/processes.
- Experience interacting with APIs to automate processes.
- Working knowledge of Enterprise NAS/SAN technologies.
- Working knowledge of Enterprise clustering technologies.
- Require strong automation and scripting Shell is required.
- Strong understanding of project management methodologies and processes (Lean, Agile).
- Strong knowledge of Incident, Problem and Change Management processes
- Ability to create "Run Books", defining day-to-day support, maintenance, troubleshooting of the infrastructure.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to apply them towards the investigation of existing installations.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.